Collecting 100 Wumpa Fruit will give Crash an extra life (platformers from Crash Bandicoot to the N. Sane Trilogy). If Crash spins at any Wumpa Fruit, they will fly away, but if Crash slides into them, they will be collected normally. In most games, losing a life, dying in any context or failing a challenge often causes the current amount of Wumpa Fruit collected upon entering an area to be instantly lost, as they will be visually subtracted from Crash's Wumpa Fruit count on the HUD. During Doctor N. Gin's boss fight in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Crash launches Wumpa Fruit at N. Gin's mech to damage it.
In Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage, Crash instead has infinite lives and certain amounts of Wumpa Fruit are needed to access some levels and buy trading cards.
In Crash of the Titans, they are used to replenish health. There is also a Golden Wumpa Fruit that gives the player lives. They are obtained when the player sacrifices a titan to a large mojo sphere or when a spybot is destroyed. In Crash: Mind Over Mutant, Golden Wumpa Fruit extend Crash's health bar when collected. There are 14 Golden Wumpa Fruit in this game, and each can only be collected once.
Wumpa Fruit reappear in Skylanders: Imaginators, and they only appear in the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands level. They now have a sparkly effect surrounding them, and are found on paths and in different types of crates. Unlike the Crash Bandicoot games, when collected they will give the current Skylander one piece of gold.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Dansu! De Jump! Na Daibouken (referred to as apples)
- Crash Bandicoot 99X
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- Crash Twinsanity 3D
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Twinsanity (mobile)
- Crash Bandicoot (mobile)
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Crash Boom Bang!
- Crash of the Titans
- Crash Nitro Kart 2
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Crash Bandicoot Mobile
- In Crash Bandicoot, if players happen to leave Crash standing for too long, Crash will hit himself with a Wumpa Fruit, revealing purple juice. In Crash Tag Team Racing, wumpa whip is orange.
- In Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, if players leave Crash standing for a while, he'll roll a Wumpa Fruit over his shoulders or pull one out of his ear.
- Their look is based off that of a mango and an apple, although their insides are purple instead of orange or yellow.
- In the Japanese localisations, wumpa fruit are generally called リンゴ, Ringo (apple) instead.
- Wumpa Fruit were originally supposed to be appear in Crash Tag Team Racing as collectibles. Wumpa Coins and Wumpa Whip appeared as collectibles instead.
- The first arcade cup of Crash Team Racing, Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is called the Wumpa Cup.
|Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot|
|Bosses||Dingodile | Doctor N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Uka Uka | Mega-Mix|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems|
First Chamber: Jungle Jam | Shipwrecked | Temple of Boom | Frostbite Cavern | Just in Slime
|Enemies||Electric Eel | Frog | Jellyfish | Lab Assistant | Moray Eel | Penguin | Polar Bear | Pufferfish | Rat | Scrubber | Seal | Shark | Sparky Tentaclebot Unit | Spike Lizard | Squid | Sewer Mech | Venus Fly Trap | Yeti|
|Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku|
|Antagonists||Doctor Nefarious Tropy | N. Trance | Uka Uka | Crunch Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Coco Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Fake Crash (Under Hypnosis)|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems | Gem Shards | Super Slide | Rocket Jump | Death Tornado Spin | Crash Dash|
|Levels|| First Chamber: Island Intro | Prints of Persia | Lagoony Tunes | Globe Trottin' | Pharaoh's Funhouse | Runaway Rug|
Second Chamber: Tiki Torture | Hoppin' Coffins | Barrel Roll | Flockful of Seagulls | Magma Mania
|Enemies||Arsonist | Scarab |Crocodile | Lab Assistant | Monkey | Scorpion | Seagull | Shark | Snake|
|Crash Mind Over Mutant|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot | Crunch Bandicoot|
|Antagonists||Dr. N. Cortex | Dr. N. Brio | Dr. N. Gin | Nina Cortex | Uka Uka|
|Titans||Spike | Ratcicle | Magmadon | TK | Sludge | Rhinoroller | Scorporilla | Grimly | Battler | Stench | Yuktopus | Snipe | Titan Heroes|
|Items||TNT Crate | Basic Crate | Wumpa Fruit | Mojo | NV|
|Levels|| Console: Wumpa Island | Ratcicle Kingdom | Wasteland | Junkyard | Mount Grimly | Space Head|
DS: Crystal Mountains | Deserted Wasteland | N. Jin Labs
|Enemies||Ratnician | Brat Girl | Doom Monkey | Znu | Slap-E | Spike Crate|