Wizards and Lizards is the fourth level of the first warp room in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. It takes place in the ruins of Cortex Castle and features lab assistants dressed as knights and a large mutated dragon that chases Crash down long corridors. There are also portraits of various past villains on the walls, including the Komodo Brothers, Tiny Tiger, and N. Gin. The death route in this level leads to the green gem.
Names in Other Languages
|Dutch||Tovenaars en Hagedissen||(same as English)|
|French||Y a pas de Lézard||There is no Lizard|
|German||Hexenmeister und Echsen||(same as English)|
|Italian||Draghi e Maghi||Dragons and Mages|
Susume! Ma hō no shiro
|Go ahead! Magic Castle|
|Spanish||Magos y Lagartos||(same as English)|
- This is the first chase level in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex.
- There is a leftover debug feature in the original PlayStation 2 version of the game that allows Crash to easily obtain this level's platinum relic. The way this is performed is by pressing the Select button during the time trial. This warps Crash very close to the level's end.
- The player can activate the Nitro Switch Crate before entering the death route to make it easier.
- In the bonus, shortly after the three crates of nitros, there is an iron arrow crate, two single crates and an iron crate at the top. In the late NTSC and PAL versions, this iron crate has been replaced by a life crate, in height and bringing the number of crates to be destroyed to 23, for a total of 129 on the level.
- This level was originally titled "Enter the Dragon", and used the soundtrack from Medieval Madness.
- In the Hidden Palace prototype leak of Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, this was the third level.