Perhaps a riddle or two!Willie's opening phrase, Crash Tag Team Racing
Willie Wumpa Cheeks is the main antagonist of Crash Tag Team Racing and formerly the mascot of Ebenezer Von Clutch's MotorWorld. His head is a gigantic Wumpa Fruit with a Wumpa Pumpa for a nose, from which the Wumpa Whip he produces comes from. He often speaks in limericks and rhymes, which proves to disturb many people, particularly Dr. Cortex and Stew.
At first, Willie appears to be a friendly mascot who provides riddles and hints. Later on, it is revealed that Willie is the one responsible for stealing the Power Gems from the park and Von Clutch's Black Power Gem. He admits to the crime out of sheer frustration of the other characters' less-than-intelligent accusation of Crash for the theft of the Gems, given that the one (and most obvious) piece of evidence points to Willie. He bounds off to Astro Land and attempts to blast off in a rocket, but is thwarted when Crash aborts the launch. Willie is pulled out of the rocket by Crunch, but before Willie can be interrogated on the location of the Black Power Gem, he is liquefied and killed by a shot from Doctor Cortex's battle-craft and falls to the floor with his eyes left intact.
While Willie himself doesn't appear in It's About Time, nor is he mentioned, he is referenced. When the narrator is listing the side effects of eating Dingodile's food in the Dingo's Diner advert, he mentions "Wumpa Cheeks" as one of the symptoms, with Wumpa Cheeks being Willie's last name.
While outwardly appearing as a friendly, albeit creepy park mascot, behind this facade, Willie Wumpa Cheeks is a treacherous and manipulative villain who wanted to kill his employer, Ebenezer Von Clutch, even being willing to accept Crash to be incriminated for his acts before revealing himself as the culprit.
He has a tendency to speak in rhymes, and as such he introduces himself and places while rhyming. He has been noted to scare others due to his appearance and demeanor, such as Doctor Neo Cortex and Stew. As a Wumpa Fruit, he produced wumpa juice that was converted into Wumpa Whip, a task which he expressed boredom with. Willie also expresses disdain and dislike for his work as a mascot.
Willie is a large, round mutant Wumpa Fruit with orange skin, orange eyes, twisted purple eyebrows, crooked and yellowed teeth, a stem with a leaf on his head, and a metal pump for a nose. He wears a red limbless bodysuit with coattails and a yellow screen on the chest, green gloves, and red shoes with grey heels.
- His name is a parody based on Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Despite being the one who stole the Power Gems as well as Von Clutch's Black Power Gem, the motivation behind Willie's actions or what he plans on doing with the Power Gems are not known. Though given the unpopularity of both his fairground persona and the Wumpa Whip he endorses, it doesn't seem exceptionally random.
- Willie speaks in most of the introductions to locations, excluding the final location, in which Von Clutch replaces him. If the introduction is replayed by re-entering, he still speaks, even if the player has cleared the game and stopped him.
- His voice actor Roger L. Jackson is well known for voicing Mojo Jojo from "The Powerpuff Girls" and Ghostface in the "Scream" franchise.
- In the cutscene where Willie confesses his crime of stealing the Power Gems from the park and Von Clutch's Black Heart Power Gem. He says "And I would've succeeded too if it weren't for you meddling Bandicoots." which is a reference to "And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids", which is a famous line heard in the famous Hanna-Barbera & Warner Bros. Animation cartoon, Scooby-Doo.
- Despite being a Wumpa Fruit, he is not colored like the fruits found across the series, possibly a result of him being sour as implied by Pasadena O'Possum.
- He is the only main villain of the Crash Bandicoot series who is not a final boss.
- Willie is the only main character from Crash Tag Team Racing, as well as the only character from a Crash racing game to not return in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled in any form.