Turtle Woods is the first level of the first warp room in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and the N. Sane Trilogy remake of the second game. It is set in the rainy woods on N. Sanity Island. While on the surface it appears to be nothing more than a basic introductory level, clever players will find several intriguing secrets along the way. The first bonus round of Crash Bandicoot 2 appears here, under a breakaway floor. Earlier in the level, a stone face appears on the ground. Belly flopping this face will reveal another secret area that introduces Crash to the brand new nitro crates and nitro switch crate and requires several tricky jumps from oversized ostriches to fully complete. The blue gem is also found in this stage, counter-intuitively requiring the player to clear the stage without breaking any crates to obtain.
|Enemy Picture||Enemy Description|
|*Armadillo- These seemingly harmless creatures will move from side to side. Crash can defeat them with any attack move.|
|*Spiked Turtle- They will move from side to side, blocking Crash's path. They can only be defeated by jumping on top of them. That will leave them vulnerable, and Crash can jump on it like a trampoline, spin it away, or body slam it.|
|*Vulture- These cybernetic birds will swoop down at Crash if he gets too close. He can defeat them by jumping on them as they approach him. They only appear in the secret route of the level.|
|*Moles-They will appear in the pits Crash jumps into, and they travel in packs. When Crash defeats one, another will appear. When all moles of a pit are defeated, a mushroom will appear that Crash can jump on.|
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- Spiked Turtles have spikes on their sides, jump to stomp on them.
- If you feel my voice disturbing, block your ears with the green triangle button.
- Press crouch, then jump, to high jump.
- Spin the armadillos to defeat them more and more.
- Note that you don't get the Aku Aku hint if the mask gives you invincibility.
- Also note that the location of Aku Aku hints, that either aren't level specific (in this stage the 2nd and 3rd hints) or inform about a secret of a previous level, can vary, mostly depending on the order you play the levels and the number of times you die.
Names in Other Languages
Ame no janguru
- Originally, this level contained the red gem, but that was switched with Snow Go.
- There were going to be armored armadillos in the secret route. One was placed straight after the ostriches, next to a since-removed TNT crate.
- If a player has the box gem but not the blue gem, the box counter will say that zero boxes have to be broken, as a hint for the blue gem.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense