Toxic Waste (ドラムかん ステップ lit. Drumcan Step in Japanese) is the twenty-first level (including boss fights) and is the fourth level of the third island in the original Crash Bandicoot game and the N. Sane Trilogy remake of the first game. As the name suggests, it is full of toxic waste. Pinstripe's minions throw barrels of toxic waste to stop Crash from progressing. Some barrels just roll while others bounce. The blue gem is obtained here for breaking every crate without dying once.
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- From ancient times, jumping drumcans in games is interesting. Is it difficult? Advance with your feeling. If the hopping ones make you feel bitter, it's good to try dodging to the sides.
- If you pass from here, you'll enter Pinstripe's room. When this guy is firing his gun, he is invincible, so hide patiently anyway. When he is replacing bullets, it's timing chance.
- It is possible that this level is a parody of the video game Donkey Kong since it involves Crash jumping over barrels.
- The first Aku Aku hint in the Japanese version could be referring to this.
- The barrels thrown in the level make an appearance on the Crash Team Racing track called "N. Gin Labs".
- Similar barrels also appear in the sewer levels of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense