Totally Fly (まっくらクラッシュ ２ lit. Pitch-dark Crash 2 in Japanese) is the twenty-seventh and final level in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy remake of the second game. It is the second of two original secret levels in the game, unlocked by finding the secret warp out of Hangin' Out. Similar to Night Fight in the fifth Warp Room, it is a jungle level taking place in the pitch-blackness of night, requiring Crash to navigate with the assistance of numerous fireflies. This level is decidedly harder, however, thanks to more hazardous placement of TNT and nitro crates, and one notable section in which the player is essentially required to blindly clear out a bunch of locked crates before picking up a firefly, or else it simply won't last long enough to get them to the next one. Crash can find locked crates by spinning as soon he hears a "clank" from the crates. The bonus round features a slight change in firefly mechanics, as instead the player must keep up with a firefly flying along a predetermined path.
- This level's name could be a sly reference to the popular slang phrase from the 1970s, "That's totally fly!", referring to something that is "cool", "good", or otherwise "generally favorable".
- This level and Totally Bear have the word "Totally" in them.
- This is the only secret level in the series to have a bonus round.
- Despite using the alternate route jungle theme as its main theme, Totally Fly still has the original main theme inside its file, but it is never used.
- This is the only secret level in Crash 2 and 3, the only games which have alternate route music, which plays it. The others use the regular music for that level's theme.
- This level mirrors the previous game's Fumbling in the Dark level, as both levels are the second of two secret levels and the overall last of their respective games, and both are dark levels. If Crash 1 used Crash 2's level numbering system, Fumbling in the Dark would also be level 27.
- Fake Crash can be seen in this level in the N. Sane Trilogy.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense