Awaken not, angry spirits that lie within, grave robber. Beyond this ancient vault of gold and family jewels awaits a profaned prophecy for those who disturb the mummy's slumber. Hee, hee, hee, the mummy's slumber! Ha, ha! Don't wake daddy either!"Willie Wumpa Cheeks jokes about Tomb Town
Tomb Town is an Egyptian-themed world and is the fourth hub in Crash Tag Team Racing. It is a home to many animals, five Die-O-Ramas, and a single gag. It is very difficult to reach the hidden areas due to going back to the start of the path if the player falls out of them.
List of things that can be found in this hub
The race tracks in Tomb Town are:
- 1st: 800 (25% bonus: 1,000, 50% bonus: 1,200) + 2 Power Crystals
- 2nd: 600 (25% bonus: 750, 50% bonus: 900)
- 3rd: 400 (25% bonus: 500, 50% bonus: 600)
- 4th: 200 (25% bonus: 250, 50% bonus: 300)
- 5th: 175 (25% bonus: 219, 50% bonus: 263)
- 6th: 125 (25% bonus: 156, 50% bonus: 188)
- 7th: 100 (25% bonus: 125, 50% bonus: 150)
- 8th: 50 (25% bonus: 63, 50% bonus: 75)
- Gold: 600 (25% bonus: 750, 50% bonus: 900) + 1 Power Crystal
- Silver: 400 (25% bonus: 500, 50% bonus: 600)
- Bronze: 250 (25% bonus: 313, 50% bonus: 375)
- Finish: 100
- New Record: 350
A secret shortcut for Crash Test Mummies can be found inside a maze-like room with falling floors inside the temple where there is a dynamite in the area overlooking the race track. Press to get the secret shortcut.
- Die-O-Rama 3: Camel Back - In the market area near Crash Test Mummies, there are two camels at the front of the market.
- Die-O-Rama 7: The Smell of Money - Just before the entrance to the temple, there is a cow with a sign meaning "do not tip the cow over".
- Die-O-Rama 8: Crossbowed - The crossbow found above the entrance.
- Die-O-Rama 9: Explodeded - The ! sign on top of the temple maze-like walls, near the opening to the secret shortcut.
- Die-O-Rama 23: Sliced and Diced - Machine near the chicken challenge.
- Gag 3: Heavy Weight - The red button near a Park Drone on top of the temple maze-like walls near the location of the Explodeded Die-O-Rama.
- The name Tomb Town is most likely a pun on the name "Toon Town", a location from the 1989 movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.
- In the temple, several statues of Dr. Cortex, featuring his original design, can be seen.
- The walls that can crush Crash are lethal upon contact once moving, despite being blunt. This is presumably caused by a lack of a "death by crushing" algorithm in the game, as Crash will not get crushed anywhere else (in gameplay), even if a moving platform lands on him.