This level takes place in Medieval times, with goats, lab assistant swordsmen who repeatedly get their swords stuck in the ground, and frogs. The frogs are a reference to the fairytale character Prince Charming, as when they defeat Crash they will kiss him which causes them to transform back into their human form.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate - wooden
- Crash Crate
- Iron Crate (only as a result of not breaking slot crate)
- ? Crate
- Slot Crate
- Time Crate (1/2 seconds)
- Aku Aku Crates: 2
- TNT Crates: None.
- Nitro Crates: None.
- Other Crates: 40 (7 crates in bonus)
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- You've come again, Crash. This time I can also protect you once from harms.
- You must get the power stone as promised.
- If you crouch while running, it becomes sliding. It's a convenient attack.
- If you press and hold jump button, you can jump a little higher.
- You can step on the ? platform to enter bonus challenge. Get hordes of apples, how happy!
- In the PAL version of the game, the knight lab assistants swing their swords around as soon as they pull it out of the ground, while in the NTSC version they take a few seconds to pull it out of the ground before swinging it around.
- The level name has common elements to the first level of its predecessor; an animal followed by a locale.
- After fully completing the game, one can spot Fake Crash upon a return visit to this level, a trait it shares with Makin' Waves and Hog Ride.
- There is an invisible life (similar to the ones in Tomb Time) in the far left pillar on the bridge before the bonus platform. It is accessible only with the double jump, the Fruit Bazooka or by a glitch high jump followed by a body slam.
- The first bounce crate in the level, the one on the bottom, turns into a 1-second time crate if the player enters Time Trial, goes far away enough from it and comes back. This happens due to the game defaulting bounce crates to be empty basic crates when entering time trial.
- Players can destroy the chicken at the beginning of the level using the Fruit Bazooka.
- This is one of the three platforming levels in the game where it's impossible to acquire invincibility during Time Trial Mode. The other two are Dino Might! and Eggipus Rex.