Hope you aren't afraid by dark temples! The whole level is a giant death trap, don't fall and go to Road to Nowhere.
- Level description
Temple Ruins (こだいの しんでん lit. Ancient Temple in Japanese) is the thirteenth level (including boss fights) and is the fourth level of the second island in the first Crash Bandicoot game and the N. Sane Trilogy remaster of the first game. This is the first dark temple-type of level, with many tricky deathtraps, as well as snakes, spiders and bats trying to stop Crash Bandicoot in this level. There is a hidden area in the middle of the level, where there is a wumpa hanging in mid-air to the left of a platform. When Crash travels to the left, iron crates and basic crates appear beneath him, leading to a platform with more crates.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Arrow Crate - wooden
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate
- Crash Crate
- Iron Crate (only in the secret path, not in Beta)
- ? Crate
- Time Crate (1/2/3 seconds)
- TNT Crate
- Arrows: 6
- Snakes: 3
- Crushers: 6
- Spiders: 2
- Torches: 4
- Aku Aku Crates: 2
- TNT Crates: 1
- Other Crates: 64
- Tawna Bonus Round Crates: None. (NTSC-US) 11 (NTSC-J) 17 (Beta)
- Brio Bonus Round Crates: None.
- Cortex Bonus Round Crates: None.
- Total Crates: 67
- Sapphire: 2:11.00
- Gold: 1:32.61
- Platinum: 1:25.34
This corresponds to a save file at this level (31%, 0 keys, 4 gems).
This corresponds to a prototype save file at this level:
Koala Kong - Papu Papu - Doctor Nitrus Brio - Koala Kong - Crash Bandicoot - Pinstripe Potoroo
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- The mechanisms inside this temple are very complex. If you don't know the direction to advance, there's a way to confirm it: follow the apples.
- This level has the most boxes in the game (N. Sanity Beach takes its spot in the prototype).
- In the NTSC-US and PAL versions of the game, this level does not have a Tawna bonus round. However, the NTSC-J version does by adding new "?" crates. The bonus round is not taken from any other levels.
- In the prototype version of the game, the invisible crate bridge in this level was completely made of basic crates.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content|| Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense