In the Polar riding levels of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, TNT crates start the timer automatically without Crash touching them. In the Ripper Roo boss fight of Crash 2 and El Pogo Loco in Crash Bash, he places TNT squares on the ground, which count down from six seconds in the former.
In Crash Team Racing, Crash Nitro Kart, and the Nitro-Fueled remake of Crash Team Racing, when one is hit the driver must jump repeatedly to try and get it off their head before it explodes. If successful, the crate goes flying behind them and explodes upon hitting the floor, damaging anyone too close. If they fail, it sends the driver crashing. If the player is Juiced Up, it becomes a Nitro Crate, which explodes immediately on contact. Ripper Roo uses TNT crates normally in his boss challenge, and Komodo Joe and Nitros Oxide launch TNT crates which explode on impact, as if they were on their head, in conjunction with deploying Nitro Crates as normal. In Nitro-Fueled, the TNT Crate also appears as an alternate skin for the Iron Checkpoint Crate.
In Crash Twinsanity, the TNT crates are used to clear paths, by exploding near Nitro Crates, and take down nearby obstacles. During the battle with N. Gin, he throws TNT crates, and are used to explode his crow's nest.
In Japan, this crate usually has a bomb symbol instead of "TNT". In Skylanders Imaginators, Crash's attacks include throwing TNT crates and spinning them into foes.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot (manga)
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot 99X
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- Crash Twinsanity 3D
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Twinsanity (mobile)
- Crash Bandicoot (mobile)
- Crash of the Titans (variant)
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Red with bomb symbol
- Japanese versions of the series
Gray with red LEDs
- Crash of the Titans
Gray with dynamite bar icon
- Crash of the Titans (GBA version only)
Red with big yellow letters saying TNT and yellow LEDs
- Crash Bandicoot (only in the Ripper Roo boss level).
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant (fight with Crunch)
- Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (only in the Ripper Roo boss level of the first game).
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (only in the Ripper Roo boss level).
- Crash Bash (El Pogo Loco)
- Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (only in the Ripper Roo boss level of the second game).
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (as Dingodile)
- The TNT crates from Mind Over Mutant countdown from proximity (even from the side) as opposed to only bouncing on the top like in most other games.
- The TNT crate was first introduced in the second level of the first Crash game.
- In earlier versions of the first game, the TNT crate (and its harmless counterpart) have an accelerating countdown, and does not display a number.
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Beenox | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Coco | Copter | Cortex | Crash | Detonator | Freeze | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nina | Nitro | Nitro Switch | Outline | Pants | Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content|| Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense