Personally, I don't care. But I think he might want his gems back.Neo Cortex, Crash Twinsanity
History with the Crash Bandicoot series
The Spyro the Dragon series is considered the sister series to Crash Bandicoot and this relationship goes back many years. When the games first started being created, their developers (Naughty Dog and Insomniac) worked in close proximity to each other and employees often went to parties together and became close friends. This had an impact on their games.
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped/Crash Team Racing/Crash Bash
A demo for the first game in the Spyro series can be played in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped by inputting a special code (similarly, a demo for Warped is accessible in the first Spyro game via the same method): up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, square. A demo for the second game in the Spyro series can be accessed in Crash Team Racing using the same method. Also, in Crash Bash, a demo of Spyro: Year of the Dragon is playable by holding L1 and R1 and pressing square then Start at the Universal Interactive Studios screen.
Crash Nitro Kart
Spyro appears as an unlockable character in the Game Boy Advance version of Crash Nitro Kart. He is unlocked after beating Velo for the first time. In contrast to his traditional depiction as a hero, Spyro in this game races for Team Trance, and uses Uka Uka as his mask.
- Speed: 10/10
- Acceleration: 10/10
- Turning: 8/10
- Difficulty: Advanced
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage/Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy
Spyro appears in Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage which is part of a pair of games that crossover the Crash and Spyro series (the other being Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy). Crash and Spyro start a fight when they first meet each other, due to Ripto's minions having been altered to resemble Spyro and Crash in their respective worlds. However, they realized they had been tricked by their archenemies after this fight, and teamed up to put an end to Cortex and Ripto's plan.
Spyro acts as one of the NPCs in the Skylanders: Imaginators adventure pack level based on the Crash Bandicoot franchise; Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Spyro appears as a playable character in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled as part of the Spyro N. Friends Grand Prix.
- Speed: 7/7
- Acceleration: 3/7
- Turning: 2/7
- Difficulty: Advanced
I'm positive, I saw this guy way up the mountain, dancing around in some kind of giant, crazy… robo-suit… badly. He's so off-beat it's creating all these bad vibes across the island.Spyro, Skylanders: Imaginators
- Crash Nitro Kart (GBA version only)
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- Crash Twinsanity (cameo)
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Spyro was voiced by Jess Harnell in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. Crash was voiced by the same voice actor starting with Crash Tag Team Racing. His current voice actor, Tom Kenny, is best known for voicing SpongeBob SquarePants.
- He is the only dragon in the Crash series who acts as an ally to Crash.
- Crash himself has made various cameos in Spyro games, including The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning & The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, as well as being referenced in Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
- Strangely, Spyro does not have his own render for his appearances in promotinal material of in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, instead recycling a placeholder artwork used during the development of Reignited Trilogy.