Slot Crates are a type of crate. The inside contents of this crate constantly change faster and faster. When breaking it, the crate will give a prize depending on the image on the box. It can give Crash some Wumpa Fruit if it was showing an ?, an extra life if it was showing a Crash mug, an Aku Aku if it shows an Aku Aku mask, a TNT crate if it was showing the word TNT in it, or even nothing if it was showing a pale white background. Different slot crates change between different prizes. Crash must break the crate at the right time in order to get the gem. These crates have a timer that starts when Crash approaches them, and the reels spin faster the more the timer depletes. Therefore, when the player does not destroy the crate in time it will eventually turn into an iron crate.
In Crash Bandicoot: Warped, slot crates have 4 different patterns: Nothing - Fruit, Nothing - Fruit - Life, Fruit - TNT, and Nothing - Fruit - Aku Aku.
In Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, slot crates appear as spinning crates rather than crates with white sides. Their mechanics are otherwise unchanged.
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (as a card)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Through hacking (in Crash 3), it is possible to discover way more patterns. Those include (but aren't limited to): Nothing (becomes iron box really quickly), Nothing - Aku Aku, and Life - Nothing - TNT - Fruit - Life (makes life appear twice in a row).
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Beenox | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Coin | Copter | Detonator | Flamethrower | Freeze | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Life | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nitro | Nitro Bounce | Nitro Switch | Outline | Pants | Purple ? & !| Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense