Rock the Casaba (アスレチック カサバ lit. Athletic Casaba in Japanese) is the eighteenth level in the game and the second stage in the fourth warp room. Like Now It's Istanbul, Runaway Rug and Prints of Persia, it takes place in Saudi Arabia at night. Crash must avoid Arabic-dressed men throwing fire bombs onto the ground or down (seen in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped), genies, monkeys holding pots and scorpions.
There are several places in this level where crates are hidden. At the very beginning of the level, go left and fall off the edge to break a hidden crate. Then, shortly before the first checkpoint, there is a stack of iron crates on top of a slot crate. After breaking the slot crate (before it becomes iron), perform a rocket jump onto a ? crate and then jump up to a hidden area. The nitro switch crate is located at the end of the gem shard path, but Crash can also reach it by falling down a rope near the end of the level down to the nitro switch crate. In fact, Crash can reach the gem shard by falling down this rope and moving to the left through the second half of the gem shard path, instead of traversing the entire gem shard path. This greatly reduces backtracking when obtaining the gem shard and crate gem on the same run.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Arrow Crate - iron
- Arrow Crate - wooden (bonus round only)
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate - iron (gem shard path only)
- Checkpoint Crate - wooden
- Crash Crate
- Freeze Crate
- ! Crate
- Iron Crate
- Locked Crate
- Magic Carpet Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- Outline Crate
- ? Crate
- Slot Crate
- Time Crate (1/2/3 seconds)
- TNT Crate
- This level's name is a reference to the song "Rock the Casbah" by the English punk rock band The Clash. A "casbah" is a fortress in the Arabian world. Strangely, they replaced the Arabian reference in the song's title with "casaba" which is a type of melon.
- This is the only level with multiple freeze crates, as it has two. The freeze crates are located far apart from each other, so it is impossible to break a freeze crate with the enemies already frozen.
|Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku|
|Antagonists||Doctor Nefarious Tropy | N. Trance | Uka Uka | Crunch Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Coco Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Fake Crash (Under Hypnosis)|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems | Gem Shards | Super Slide | Rocket Jump | Death Tornado Spin | Crash Dash|
|Levels|| First Chamber: Island Intro | Prints of Persia | Lagoony Tunes | Globe Trottin' | Pharaoh's Funhouse | Runaway Rug|
Second Chamber: Tiki Torture | Hoppin' Coffins | Barrel Roll | Flockful of Seagulls | Magma Mania
|Enemies||Arsonist | Scarab |Crocodile | Lab Assistant | Monkey | Scorpion | Seagull | Shark | Snake|