Road to Ruin (まよいの はいきょ lit. Ruins of Illusion in Japanese) is the fourteenth level and the fourth level of the third warp room in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. It is somewhat similar to the city ruin-themed levels from the first game, specifically The Lost City and Sunset Vista, though this time it takes place at night.
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- Spike Lizards can only be defeated with sliding.
- A fake dead end exists in Slop-slop Underpass.
- Have you got the red diamond? Then go to the direction of Disks on the Snow Mountain!? for good luck.
- If you want to meet the boss again, ride on the elevator in the Warp Room while pressing and holding the green triangle button.
- The level's name is a reference to the idiom 'on the road to ruin.'
- As with Ruination, the Cortex Island can be seen in the background.
- It is possible to reach this level's secret area using glitches.
- This level only has four nitro crates, all located in the secret area. Unlike Turtle Woods and Hang Eight, the nitro switch appears along the main path of the level, as there were originally going to be Nitro Crates on the main path of the level.
- This level and Air Crash are the only levels in the game which have two alternate routes (both a secret entrance and a death route).
- This is one of the three levels in the game that is dark but still has light, and the others being Ruination and Totally Bear.
- In the secret area, there is a wumpa fruit above a crate indicating a TNT crate is underneath. This wumpa was removed in N. Sane Trilogy, but then added back via update on June 29, 2018 (which coincided with the release on other platforms).
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense