Wha, you call that racin'? Forget about it! If youse gonna face Oxide, youse gonna have to get past me foist! I'm the speed champion here, and I'm gonna save da world! For a sizeable fee of course, hahahahahahahah!Pinstripe Potoroo, Crash Team Racing / Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
So, youse beat me fair and square. I doubt you'll be this lucky with Oxide. Here's a key for your troubles. Hahahaha. Oh, Brother...
Don Pinstripelli Potorotti (commonly shortened to just Pinstripe Potoroo) is a potoroo subjected to the Evolvo-Ray to be Doctor Neo Cortex's bodyguard. He is well known for wielding a Tommy Gun and laughing madly. He made his first appearance in the first Crash Bandicoot game. In Crash Bandicoot and Crash Team Racing, he is voiced by Brendan O'Brien, whereas in the N. Sane Trilogy, he is voiced by Jess Harnell. In Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, however, he is voiced by Robbie Daymond.
In Crash Bandicoot, Pinstripe is the head of "Cortex Power", Doctor Neo Cortex's power plant. He is the 4th boss of Crash Bandicoot.
He is very loyal to Cortex and is not only the CEO of "Cortex Power", but also Cortex's bodyguard. Pinstripe is very defensive and is always armed with his fully loaded sub machine gun, which he fires around his office when he confronts Crash. When Crash defeats him, Pinstripe accidentally shoots the power generator behind the glass wall and the majority of Cortex Castle's power is destroyed.
After the events of the game, Pinstripe moved to Chicago and operates a city wide sanitation company.
It is stated in the Japanese manual that Crash and Tawna broke up leading to her dating Pinstripe. This is meant to line up with the manga which was released at the same time. However, this is just a made-up joke, since this is completely disregarded in the West, nor has this ever been confirmed by Naughty Dog.
He returns as the fourth boss to race against in Adventure Mode. While racing against him, he fights back with an infinite supply of Bowling Bombs, which are thrown backwards. He is also a playable character if the player uses a cheat or completes the Yellow Gem Cup in Adventure Mode to unlock him. He drives a black kart which has high acceleration just like N. Gin and Coco.
His home track is Hot Air Skyway in Citadel City. After the events of CTR, Pinstripe became a used car salesman in New Jersey and gave a slight reference that he pulls his tommy gun out to make the customers decide faster.
- Speed: 4/7
- Acceleration: 7/7
- Turning: 3/7
- Difficulty: Intermediate
Pinstripe made a brief cameo appearance in this game at Crash's "birthday party" Dr. Cortex organized. He nods his head at the camera while wielding his gun. He also appears in a scrapped storyboard.
Pinstripe returns in Crash Boom Bang! as a playable character.
Pinstripe returns in the N. Sane Trilogy, reprising the role he had in the first game.
Pinstripe retains his spot as Citadel City's boss and still races at Hot Air Skyway, throwing Bowling Bombs during the race. Like other CTR bosses, he is unlocked upon being beaten at his track. After Oxide's defeat, he still becomes a used cars salesman at New Jersey, but his morally questionable methods of getting sales eventually leads to his license getting revoked, forcing Pinstripe to return to his old job as a CEO and bodyguard.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Twinsanity (cameo)
- Crash Boom Bang!
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Pinstripe is a parody of mafia gangsters seen in films such as Scarface, and talks with a strong Brooklyn accent. Pinstripe's gangster accent can be heard in all of his in-game quotes such as "Say good night!", "Watch your back!" or "Have some of this!". Pinstripe's main weapon is a Thompson SMG, which he uses against Crash in the first game, and is seen wielding it in future appearances. He is one of Cortex's most intelligent mutants.
Pinstripe also jokes about doing things for money (as most real-life Mafia do), as heard in CTR; "I'm the speed champion here, and I'm gonna save the world... for a sizable fee, of course!" He also seems grumpy when he loses, possibly because he was really close to racing Oxide. This was changed however in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, instead he acts more lighthearted and shows good sportsmanship as he gladly brushes off his loss and chooses to respect the player's decision to face Oxide by graciously handing over the key, though he goes back to being grumpy after laughing about it, most likely because he didn't like joking about his loss.
Pinstripe's size appears to be that of the average human male. He possesses large ears which are pink inside and dark brown fur, and he always wears a pinkish-red suit and tie. However, in Crash Twinsanity, he instead dons a black pinstriped suit as seen in a poster in his first appearance. He is almost always holding his Tommy Gun, even when he is merely reciting his pre-race speech in CTR, however whenever he is on the winners podium, he can be seen shooting into the sky when he wins or if he loses, he can be seen shaking his gun which makes a rattling sound.
- Coincidentally, Pinstripe is the fourth boss in both Crash Bandicoot and CTR.
- In the Crash games made by Naughty Dog, Pinstripe had the third most hit points for a boss, six, beaten by N. Brio (second place) in Crash Bandicoot, who had nine, and N. Gin (first place), who had five and seven, equaling twelve, between his two machine forms in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.
- Ironically, in Crash Bandicoot, when the player completes Generator Room the door at the end says "Safety First!" with a picture of Pinstripe's face on it.
- Due to a glitch, his foot is invisible after the alternate ending in the first game. This has led to a joke around the internet stating that Pinstripe lost his foot in the fight with Crash. However, closer inspection shows he's just kneeling down on one knee.
- It's unknown why he makes very little appearances when he's Cortex's bodyguard. It's possible that Pinstripe is no longer allied with Cortex since after the events of the first game, as he will race against Cortex in CTR and the fact that Cortex, in Cortex Strikes Back said he had no allies since the first game.
- His first name is a reference to 'pinstripe suits' which are, for the most part, the standard gangster but more fittingly Mafia attire.
- In some early NTSC copies of CTR Pinstripe's icon looked different. His head was smaller and his icon looked different. He shares this trait with Papu Papu.
- If the player is using the 'language glitch' in CTR, his head swaps with Komodo Joe's, whereas his body swaps with Papu Papu's.
- While playing the Purple Gem Cup in CTR, he is seen in last place all the time and is the slowest character there. It's even possible to overlap Pinstripe and even possible for the AI to overlap him as well due to bad start positions.
- He's the only CTR boss whose kart is a dark color. The other 4 have light colored karts.
- According to concept art, Pinstripe was originally going to be a striped bandicoot instead of a potoroo.
- In original game, his laugh comes from the sound called Cartoon, Laughter - Male: Sinister Laugh, Human Comedy Laughs from album Comedy Vocals: Sound Effects.
- According to a Twitter post by Robbie Daymond, he voiced Pinstripe Potoroo in Nitro-Fueled. However, the game's end credits list Jess Harnell as Pinstripe's voice actor.
|Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled|
|Racers|| Default: Crash Bandicoot | Dr. Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | Dr. N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura | Crunch Bandicoot | Geary|
Unlockable (Bosses): Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe | Nitros Oxide
Unlockable (Misc.): Penta Penguin | Fake Crash | Dr. N. Tropy | King Chicken | Iron Checkpoint Crate
Pit Stop Purchases: Krunk | Small Norm | Big Norm | Nash | N. Trance | Real Velo | Zam | Zem
Bonus: Tawna | Ami | Megumi | Liz | Isabella | Baby Crash | Baby Coco | Baby T | Spyro | Hunter | Gnasty Gnorc | Komodo Moe | Dr. N. Brio | Nina Cortex | Koala Kong | Pasadena O'Possum | Ebenezer Von Clutch | Rilla Roo | Yaya Panda | Hasty | Chick | Stew | Megamix | Emperor Velo XXVII | Lab Assistant | Baby Cortex | Baby N. Tropy | Fixed Rilla Roo
|Supporting characters||Aku Aku | Uka Uka | Sparx | Velo Mask | Apo-Apo|
|Customization||Skins | Bodies and Decals | Wheels | Paint Jobs | Stickers|
N. Sanity Beach: Crash Cove | Mystery Caves | Sewer Speedway | Roo's Tubes
|Battle Arenas|| Original: Skull Rock | Nitro Court | Parking Lot | Rocky Road | Lab Basement | Rampage Ruins | The North Bowl|
From Crash Nitro Kart: Temple Turmoil | Frozen Frenzy | Desert Storm | Magnetic Mayhem | Terra Drome
|Collectibles||Trophy | Crystal | Gem | Relic | CTR Token | Key | Wumpa Coin|
|Power Ups||Missile | Bowling Bomb | Warp Orb | TNT Crate/Nitro Crate | Power Shield | N. Tropy Clock | N. Brio's Beaker | Turbo | Invisibility | Super Engine | Invincibility Mask (Aku Aku/Uka Uka/Velo Mask/Sparx/Apo-Apo)|
|Misc.||Pit Stop | Grand Prix (Nitro Tour | Back N. Time | Spyro N. Friends | Spooky | Neon Circus | Winter Festival | Rustland | Gasmoxia | Post Grand-Prix)|
|Crash Bandicoot Racing Series Playable Characters|
|Crash Team Racing||Crash Bandicoot | Dr. Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura | Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe | Fake Crash | Dr. N. Tropy | Penta Penguin|
|Crash Nitro Kart||Crash Bandicoot | Coco Bandicoot | Crunch Bandicoot | Fake Crash | Dr. Neo Cortex | N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | N. Tropy | Nitrous Oxide | Zem (Consoles only) | Zam (Consoles only) | Real Velo (Consoles only) | N. Trance | Polar | Dingodile | Pura (Consoles only) | Krunk (GBA only) | Nash (GBA only) | Norm (GBA only) | Big Norm (GBA only) | Geary (GBA only) | Emperor Velo XXVII (GBA only) | Spyro (GBA only)|
|Crash Tag Team Racing||Crash | Neo Cortex | Pasadena | Crunch | Coco | Nina | N. Gin | Von Clutch|
|Crash Racing||Crash | Cortex | Nina | Pasadena|
|Crash Nitro Kart 2||Crash | Dr. Cortex | Coco | Ripper Roo | Yaya | Nina | Tiny Tiger | Oxide|
|Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D||Crash | Cortex | Coco | Oxide | Roo | Yaya | Polar | Dingodile|
|Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2||Crash | Dr. Cortex | Coco | Nina | Pura | Tiny Tiger | Crunch | N. Gin | Yaya | Ripper Roo|
|Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled||Crash Bandicoot | Dr. Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | Dr. N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura | Penta Penguin | Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe | Fake Crash | Nitros Oxide | Dr. N. Tropy | Crunch Bandicoot | Krunk | Small Norm | Big Norm | Nash | N. Trance | Real Velo | Geary | Zam | Zem | Tawna | Ami | Megumi | Liz | Isabella | Baby T | Baby Crash | Baby Coco | Spyro | Hunter | Gnasty Gnorc | Komodo Moe | Dr. N. Brio | Nina Cortex | Koala Kong | Pasadena O'Possum | Ebenezer Von Clutch | King Chicken | Rilla Roo | Yaya Panda | Hasty | Chick | Stew | Megamix | Emperor Velo XXVII | Lab Assistant | Baby Cortex | Baby N. Tropy | Fixed Rilla Roo | Iron Checkpoint Crate|
|Crash Bandicoot Party Series Playable Characters|
|Crash Bash||Crash Bandicoot | Coco Bandicoot | Dingodile | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Doctor Nitrus Brio | Koala Kong | Rilla Roo | Fake Crash (Japanese version only)|
|Crash Boom Bang||Coco Bandicoot | Crash Bandicoot | Pura | Pinstripe Potoroo | Crunch Bandicoot | Doctor Neo Cortex | Fake Crash | Tawna|