Penguins have appeared as enemies many times in the Crash Bandicoot series.
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- 1.2 Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- 1.3 Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- 1.4 Crash Twinsanity
- 1.5 Crash Tag Team Racing
- 1.6 Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- 1.7 Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- 1.8 Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- 1.9 Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
They are minor enemies in the snow/ice levels (Snow Go, Snow Biz and Cold Hard Crash). Here, they are one of three typical snow enemies, including porcupines and seals. Some penguins will walk back and forth, spin, get dizzy, and repeat the process. Others will slide down at Crash while he is walking forward. They can be defeated by any attack while not spinning.
They appear in the levels Arctic Antics, Eskimo Roll and Avalanche. They have the same role as the ones in Cortex Strikes Back: walk back and forth, spin, and repeat the process. In the level Eskimo Roll, Crash can run over them with the atlasphere.
Penguins in this game can be found in the Iceberg Lab and its associated levels. They have jet packs that they use to home in on Crash from above, or charge at him directly. At the end of their attack, whether they hit or missed their target, they will explode.
They are employed by Cortex. During the level Ice Climb, a group of penguins confront him, apparently because their paychecks bounced. He tries to appease them by offering them fish, but ends up shooting one with his ray gun instead. The rest of the penguins fly off.
- Main article: Ninja Penguin
Crash Tag Team Racing, unlike other games, have their own kind of penguin, known as Ninja Penguins. The Bowling minigames also feature penguin bowling pins.
Penguins reappear in the N. Sane Trilogy, reprising their role from Cortex Strikes Back and Warped.
Penguins appear as background decorations in the course Blizzard Bluff, where they can be seeing ice-skating, skiing and enjoying the snowy weather. Penguins can also be found having a dance party on the top of a cliff in the course Polar Pass. As the game is a remake of the original CTR, Penta Penguin is once again playable.
In It's About Time, rather than being enemies as in previous games, penguins serve more as background decorations. They can be found in the snowy 11th dimension, in the levels Snow Way Out, Stay Frosty, Bears Repeating and Building Bridges. They sit on the edge of water pools, sometimes in groups, and jump off into the water if approached.
In On the Run!, Penguins appear throughout the level Snow Go, spinning on the spot before getting dizzy and stopping as the player approaches. They are like more tools than enemies, as they are usually positioned in such a way that spinning or sliding them will send them flying into TNT or Nitro crates, detonating them and clearing the way or breaking item crates. In any case, they will still harm the player if they come into contact without attacking.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Dansu! De Jump! Na Daibouken
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- Crash Twinsanity 3D
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Crash of the Titans
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
Crash Tag Team Racing
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!
- The penguins in The Wrath of Cortex bear resemblance to macaroni penguins, whilst the penguins in Cortex Strikes Back resemble little penguins.
- Little penguins - like many other animals featured in the series - can be found in Tasmania.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense