This is the first level in the series where Coco is playable and sees her riding along the Great Wall of China, which is still under construction at this point in time, with her new tiger friend Pura. This level is named after the Orient Express, a famous historical long-distance passenger train which used to pass through China when it was in service.
Obstacles along the path include Chinese dragons, rolling barrels (which can be charged through), barrel-filled wagons, and lab assistants in disguise as brick-laying peasants. Complicating the quest for the clear gem are several vertically split paths, where Coco can either simply stay on the ground, or briefly launch herself up to a higher level using ramps with lab assistants hiding under them.
Names in Other Languages
|Japanese||ばんりの ちょうとっきゅう||Ten Thousand Mile Superexpress|
- Coco can bump into the various hanging baskets around this level to receive Wumpa Fruit. Wumpa Fruit can be obtained this way even in time trial mode.
- Given the distinct look of the watchtowers, this level, along with Midnight Run, are located on the south end of the Great Wall, somewhere in the Jinshanling section.
- This one, along with Midnight Run, are the only levels in the game where it's impossible to reach the maximum limit of 9:59:96 in time trial mode. This is due to the inability of Pura to stop at one place. The highest time a player can achieve, providing that neither one of the time crates throughout the respective level is broken is 1:24:00.
- Originally, the barrel carts in this level used to have only a single row of 3 barrels. That was changed in the final version, with the addition of another row of 3 barrels. The same concept applies for Midnight Run.
- The text on the red banners (萬里長城, Wanli Changcheng) translates to "Ten-Thousand Mile Long Wall", the Chinese term for the Great Wall of China.
- If Coco collects three Aku Aku masks while in this level, she will not be granted invincibility.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense