Orient Express (ばんりの ちょうとっきゅう lit. Ten Thousand Mile Superexpress in Japanese) is the third level of the first warp room in Crash Bandicoot: Warped and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy remaster of the third game.
This is the first level in the series where Coco is playable and sees her riding along the Great Wall of China, which is still under construction at this point in time, with her new tiger friend Pura. This level is named after the Orient Express, a famous historical long-distance passenger train which used to pass through China when it was in service.
Obstacles along the path include fearsome Chinese-style dragons, rolling barrels (which can be charged through), barrel-filled wagons, and lab assistants in disguise as brick-laying Chinamen. Complicating the quest for the clear gem are several vertically split paths, where Coco can either simply stay on the ground, or launch herself up to a higher level very briefly using ramps with lab assistants hiding under them.
- Coco can bump into the various hanging baskets around this level to receive wumpa fruit. It is unknown why this is the case as ancient Chinese crates and baskets always contained rice and never fruit. You can also gain wumpa fruit this way in Time Trial mode, even though you shouldn't be able to collect wumpa fruit while running a trial.
- Given the distinct look of the watchtowers, the level, along with Midnight Run, are located on the south end of the Great Wall, somewhere in the Jinshangling section.
- This one, along with Midnight Run, are the only levels in the game where it's impossible to reach the maximum limit of 9:59:96 in time trial mode. This is due to the inability of Pura to stop at one place. The highest time a player can achieve, providing that neither one of the time crates throughout the respective level is broken is 1:24:00.
- Originally, the barrel carts in this level used to have only a single row of 3 barrels. That was changed in the final version, with the addition of another row of 3 barrels. The same concept applies for Midnight Run.
- The text on the red banners (萬里長城, Wanli Changcheng) translates to "Ten-Thousand Mile Long Wall", the Chinese term for the Great Wall of China.
- If you manage to collect three Aku Aku masks while in this level, you will not be granted invincibility.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content|| Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense