|“||"So, crybaby Cortex is all grown up. I see you've found employment as a barber."|
"I'm an evil scientist!"
"A scientist, are we? To me, you'll always be a little worm!"
— Madame Amberly talking to Cortex, Crash Twinsanity
Madame Amberly is an overweight headmistress of the Academy of Evil. She teaches the students their evil ways. She speaks with a thick German accent.
Prior to Crash Twinsanity
Cortex's niece, Nina Cortex, also attended the school. As Cortex and Crash go to bring Nina along with them to fix the Psychetron, Cortex unexpectedly reunites with Madame Amberly, in which after a short dialogue, initiates a boss fight. After the fight, one last rope snaps off and Madame Amberly falls down. She is never seen again, aside from a brief verbal mention by Nina in Mind Over Mutant.
- Madame Amberly is one of the only three female bosses to ever be fought in the entire series, Coco (under N. Trance's control in N-Tranced and under the control Of Cortex/Brio's NV Device in Crash: Mind Over Mutant) and Nina Cortex (Crash of the Titans) are the only others.
- Madame Amberly, along with Cortex and Nina, share a similar trait by having a letter tattooed on their forehead. It is possible that everyone has a tattoo on their forehead in the Academy of Evil, as it is shown in a piece of concept art which shows students with letters tattooed on their forehead as well.
- Although other concept art also shows that N. Gin and N. Brio were students and they didn't (nor ever) get tattoos on their heads.
- She is one of the largest characters in the series.
- The lightning attack she uses in Crash Twinsanity is identical to the Force Lightning attack used by the Sith in the Star Wars series.
- Madame Amberly can be seen in her arena before her boss fight begins. While on the moving platform, if the player angles the camera downward, they will see her character model in a static T-pose (though it is slightly obscured by the green mist that covers the floor).
- She is the only character of the series who has never met Crash in person.
|Cortex's mother | Doctor N. Gin | Doctor Nefarious Tropy | Doctor Neo Cortex | Doctor Nitrus Brio | Ebenezer Von Clutch | Lab Assistant | Madame Amberly | Nina Cortex | Papu Papu | Park Drone | Shield Native | Tribesman|