The Locked Crate, also known as the Steel Crate in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex or the Reinforced-Wooden Crate in Crash Twinsanity, is a crate with special protection and can only be broken by belly flopping. In the Crash Bandicoot games for the Game Boy Advance, they are broken by explosive crates, and they are empty in these games. In Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced, they can be broken by super sliding, in addition to the belly flop. In Crash Bash, they are found only in the Drain Bash minigame, where they replace blocks.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (As a Card)
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- This crate was designed to compliment Crash's belly flop move.
- Locked crates in a stack with other crates can be opened by breaking any ordinary crates beneath them and letting them fall onto Crash's head.
- In Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, locked crates are not listed in the instruction manuals.
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Copter | Cortex | Crash | Detonator | Freeze | Ghost | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nina | Nitro | Nitro Switch | Pants | Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot|
|Bosses||Dingodile | Doctor N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Uka Uka | Mega-Mix|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems|
First Chamber: Jungle Jam | Shipwrecked | Temple of Boom | Frostbite Cavern | Just in Slime
|Enemies||Electric Eel | Frog | Jellyfish | Lab Assistant | Moray Eel | Penguin | Polar Bear | Pufferfish | Rat | Scrubber | Seal | Shark | Sparky Tentaclebot Unit | Spike Lizard | Squid | Sewer Mech | Venus Fly Trap | Yeti|
|Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku|
|Antagonists||Doctor Nefarious Tropy | N. Trance | Uka Uka | Crunch Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Coco Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Fake Crash (Under Hypnosis)|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems | Gem Shards | Super Slide | Rocket Jump | Death Tornado Spin | Crash Dash|
|Levels|| First Chamber: Island Intro | Prints of Persia | Lagoony Tunes | Globe Trottin' | Pharaoh's Funhouse | Runaway Rug|
Second Chamber: Tiki Torture | Hoppin' Coffins | Barrel Roll | Flockful of Seagulls | Magma Mania
|Enemies||Arsonist | Scarab |Crocodile | Lab Assistant | Monkey | Scorpion | Seagull | Shark | Snake|