The Locked Crate (a.k.a. Steel Crate; Reinforced Wooden Crate in Crash Twinsanity), is a crate with special protection that can only be broken by belly flopping. In the Crash Bandicoot games for the Game Boy Advance, they are also broken by explosive crates, and are also completely empty. In Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced, they can be broken by super sliding, in addition to the belly flop. In Crash Bash, they are found only in the Drain Bash mini-game, where they replace blocks and deal less damage. In Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, the locked crates can also be broken by Quantum Mask Akano's Dark Matter Spin ability.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (as a card)
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- In Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped, these crates can be broken if they fall on Crash's head.
- In said games, they are internally named "steel boxes."
- In Crash Twinsanity, these crates are broken from any other crate landing on them.
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Beenox | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Coin | Copter | Detonator | Flamethrower | Freeze | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Life | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nitro | Nitro Bounce | Nitro Switch | Outline | Pants | Purple ? & !| Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense