The Locked Crate (a.k.a. Steel Crate; Reinforced Wooden CrateCrash Twinsanity), is a crate with special protection and can only be broken by belly flopping. In the Crash Bandicoot games for the Game Boy Advance, they are also broken by explosive crates, and are also completely empty. In Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced, they can be broken by super sliding, in addition to the belly flop. In Crash Bash, they are found only in the Drain Bash mini-game, where they replace blocks and deal less damage.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (card)
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- In Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped, these crates can be broken if they fall on Crash's head.
- In Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped, they are internally named "steel boxes."
- In Crash Twinsanity, these crates are broken from any other crate landing on them.
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Copter | Cortex | Crash | Detonator | Freeze | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nina | Nitro | Nitro Switch | Outline | Pants | Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot|
|Bosses||Dingodile | Doctor N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Uka Uka | Mega-Mix|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems|
First Chamber: Jungle Jam | Shipwrecked | Temple of Boom | Frostbite Cavern | Just in Slime
|Enemies||Electric Eel | Frog | Jellyfish | Lab Assistant | Moray Eel | Penguin | Polar Bear | Pufferfish | Rat | Scrubber | Seal | Shark | Sparky Tentaclebot Unit | Spike Lizard | Squid | Sewer Mech | Venus Fly Trap | Yeti|
|Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku|
|Antagonists||Doctor Nefarious Tropy | N. Trance | Uka Uka | Crunch Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Coco Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Fake Crash (Under Hypnosis)|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems | Gem Shards | Super Slide | Rocket Jump | Death Tornado Spin | Crash Dash|
|Levels|| First Chamber: Island Intro | Prints of Persia | Lagoony Tunes | Globe Trottin' | Pharaoh's Funhouse | Runaway Rug|
Second Chamber: Tiki Torture | Hoppin' Coffins | Barrel Roll | Flockful of Seagulls | Magma Mania
|Enemies||Arsonist | Scarab |Crocodile | Lab Assistant | Monkey | Scorpion | Seagull | Shark | Snake|