The Knight Lab Assistant (Japanese: バーサーカー研究員、盾の兵士) is a lab assistant variant that appears in Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, and the N. Sane Trilogy remake of the third game.
In this game they attack Crash by pulling a heavy sword from the ground and swiveling it around. If it hits Crash, he will be sliced in two. They appear in the medieval levels Toad Village, Gee Wiz and Double Header.
The Knight Lab Assistants reappear in the N. Sane Trilogy remake of the third game, where they reprise the same role they had in the original version of the third game.
In Nitro-Fueled, a Knight Lab Assistant can be seen amongst the fair scene beside the track in Coco Park.
During the post-Grand Prix content patch, the Lab Assistant was added as a playable character, and one of the available skins was the Knight Lab Assistant.
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- Their animation in Crash Bandicoot: Warped is an allusion to the legend of King Arthur where he pulls the magical sword Excalibur from the stone.
- In the NTSC-U version of Crash Bandicoot: Warped, they take a longer time to swing the sword from the ground, whereas in the PAL version they swing it immediately after trying to pull it.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense