Inferno Island (あつあつ インフェルノしま lit. Hotty Inferno Island in Japanese) is the first race course in Crash Nitro Kart. It is similar to the Crash Team Racing track Crash Cove, both in the fact that it is the first racetrack and that its setting is a beach. Despite the name, it is not actually an "inferno" island. There is a cave about half way through the race and players exit it at the end of the track. It is used in the Wumpa Cup and the Red Gem Cup (along with Meteor Gorge and Assembly Lane).
This track returned in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, now taking place at night time.
- C: To get the C, take the little shortcut just right before passing the first bridge at the beginning of the track should be used.
- N/T: The N/T is located near the small ramp. Make a low jump on the ramp to get the letter.
- K/R: The K/R is located near the end of the track. Go all the way to right and there should be a ledge there. Go up on the ledge and grab the letter.
- Inferno Island shares a lot of similarities to Crash Cove from Crash Team Racing: both tracks are the first race track from their respective games, have a map design in a simple, elongated shape, take place in a beach setting, include a shortcut that requires hopping onto a grassy ledge, and even include a pirate ship in the background.
- Because of this comparison, the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled version of this track has been altered to take place at night instead of day. It also introduces fireballs raining down from the volcano in the background along with a Velo-shaped moon that appeared originally in the Terra hub world. In addition, Nitros Oxide's wrecked spaceship replaces the pirate ship, and alien spiders lie within the cave formation of the track.