Were you waiting for me?Hasty, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Hasty is a character introduced in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.
Hasty appears as a playable racer as part of the Winter Festival Grand Prix. He is the reward for completing the Bronze Tier. He is later purchasable at the Pit Stop for 1500 Wumpa Coins as of the Post-Grand Prix update.
Driving Style: Drift
Hasty has the attitude of a professional contestant, making sporty quips. He's very confident, almost to the point of being a little egotistical. He's also shown to be a bit of a sore loser, though understanding enough to know he can't win every race.
Hasty is a dark brown mutant moose. He has heavy-lidded green eyes with bright brown eyebrows and a small goatee under his chin. He wears a black aviator jacket with a white fur trim, adorned with patches on the right of his chest and both upper arms. He wears pea green cargo pants, black winter boots with white fur trim, and cream winter gloves. He also wears a brown aviator hat with goggles resting on his forehead. A small tuft of hair pokes out from under the hat, over his forehead.
- Hasty's conception derives from a misconception about a character cut from the original CTR. The aforementioned character was found as a sketch in series artist Bob Rafei's portfolio of Crash Team Racing character designs. Rafei later stated in an interview that the character design was just a mascot idea sketched for the Trippo Airfare search engine, lumped by mistake with other CTR sketches. Despite Rafei's image being titled "trippo", he was falsely named "Fasty", and is still named as such internally in Nitro-Fueled. Beenox used this as a basis for Hasty, giving it a personality, style, and a different design.
- Hasty's leather jacket features detailed patches based on several 1982 Atari Activision videogames, Barnstorming, River Raid and Chopper Command.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/robbiedaymond/status/1206774801106255873
- ↑ The interview archived on crashmania.net
- ↑ <THE HOLIDAYS HAVE ARRIVED WITH THE WINTER FESTIVAL GRAND PRIX IN CRASH™ TEAM RACING NITRO-FUELED. on Activision's blog