Hang'em High (アラビアの あついぶらさがり lit. Hot Hanging in Arabia in Japanese) is the seventh level in the game and the second level of the second warp room in Crash Bandicoot: Warped, and its remake in the N. Sane Trilogy.
The level appears to take its name from the 1968 film of the same name starring Clint Eastwood.
The stage takes place during the day on the rooftops of an old Saudi Arabian city reminiscent of the Arabian Nights. Its landscape is strewn with floating magic carpets, bouncy awnings, and overhead grating that Crash can climb around on. It would be a relative challenge for this early in the game even without Cortex's league of minions. Enemy units deployed to the Middle East include pot-carrying monkeys, ceiling-hanging scorpions, lab assistants on flying carpets or patrolling the rooftops and attacking aggressively with a scimitar.
After collecting a total of ten relics, Crash can access this level's alternate entrance, Level 27, via the secret sixth Warp Room. Consisting primarily of a series of tricky jumps involving magic carpets, awnings, and nitro crates, this route conceals the yellow gem. It will then drop Crash off near the end of the main level path.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Arrow Crate - iron
- Basic Crate
- Checkpoint Crate - wooden
- Crash Crate
- ! Crate
- Iron Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- Outline Crate
- ? Crate
- Slot Crate
- Time Crate (1/2/3 seconds)
- TNT Crate (bonus round only where it is an option on a slot crate)
- All of the Arabian levels in Warped contain coloured gems.
- It's possible to get a Platinum Relic on this level without the Crash Dash due to the amount of time spent bouncing on awnings and climbing.
- If you collect 10 relics, it is possible to get the crystal and both gems in a single playthrough by entering this level by the alternative entrance.
- According to an unofficial guide, this level used to have 81 crates, instead of 96.
- In the N. Sane Trilogy, this level originally had 95 crates instead of 96. At the beginning of the second hanging section, there were two crates next to each other in the original, in the new version the second crate was replaced with a piece of wumpa fruit. This crate was restored on the June 29, 2018 patch for the N. Sane Trilogy.
- The bonus round in this level has the most wumpa fruit of any bonus round in the game.
- This is the only Arabian-themed level in the game which contains a Nitro Switch Crate.
- Much like Snow Go from the previous game, this level has a colored gem which is visible when playing the normal level, but only obtainable via the secret entrance, and both secret paths only contain Nitro Crates. Just like Snow Go, it's possible to obtain the coloured gem from the normal level by using the glitched jumps.