Future Frenzy (まてんロードの ベルトウェイ lit. Beltway of the Skyscraper Road in Japanese) is the nineteenth level and is the fourth level of the fourth warp room in Crash Bandicoot: Warped and its remake in the N. Sane Trilogy.
Taking place in a future metropolis with thousands of neon lights and skyscrapers, this level finds Crash in new territory in the big city.
The hidden level in the Time Twister allows Crash to enter this level via an alternative entrance which allows him to gain the box gem and a hidden gem for this level. This entrance requires 20 relics to open. Once finished in the alternative entrance, Crash must backtrack to the start of the main level to clear all the crates.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Basic Crate
- Checkpoint Crate - wooden
- Crash Crate
- Iron Crate
- Locked Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- ? Crate
- Time Crate (1/2/3 seconds)
- TNT Crate
- Aku Aku Crates: 1
- TNT Crates: 10 (none in bonus/3 in special passage)
- Nitro Crates: 14 (none in bonus/10 in special passage)
- Other Crates: 108 (19 crates in bonus)
- Spiked Shell - These shells will open revealing their spikes. Crash can jump over them or spin them away when the shell is covering the spikes. If he touches the spikes or the shell, he dies.
- UFO - The lab assistants piloting these vehicles act as obstacles and some use tractor beams to stop Crash. He must jump on these guys to defeat them as they will vaporize him otherwise.
- Shield Robot - These guys fly back and forth and drop to activate their force fields. Crash must defeat them by spinning or jumping on them while they are flying.
- Plasma Gate - There are two kinds of plasma gates. The blue ones activate the plasma ray for a short time while the orange ones are always on. Crash must time his running to avoid the blue gates and must jump or crawl under them to avoid the orange gates.
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- The disk researchers can be either double jumped over or be passed under, avoiding the beams.
- If you want to jump far, do the combo of sliding, double jump and tornado spin attack.
- In the reflections during the side-scrolling part, Aku Aku does not appear in the reflection, even with invincibility. In the N. Sane Trilogy, Aku Aku now appears in the reflection. This was likely due to hardware limitations.
- This level was originally called Fast Forward.
- It's possible to get a platinum relic on this level without using the Crash Dash.
- According to the game, the developer time for this level is 1:07.47. This time remains a curiosity because in the NTSC version (where the developer's times were achieved), times are rounded down to the nearest thirtieth of a second, and therefore the hundredths place is always 0, 3, or 6. In fact, in no version of the game is it possible for a recorded time to have 7 as the hundredths place. This means that either this time was achieved in a beta version or it could be a typo.
- According to an unofficial guide, this level used to have 134 crates, instead of 133.
- This level has the most crates in the game.
- If you use a glitch to obtain 20 relics before entering the fourth area of the Time Twister and enter the level using the alternative entrance, Crash will be trapped in the fourth area of the Time Twister as he will not be able to leave due to the electric barrier blocking entry to this area before defeating Dr. N. Tropy .
- Death Route, as found in the game's files, but was later changed to the secret entrance.