They are primarily a green color. Frogs are seen in Toad Village, Gee Wiz, and Double Header. The frogs hop around the path that Crash travels, and attack him by hopping towards him. Crash can usually avoid the frogs by simply dodging them while encountering them. He can also defeat the frogs by jumping on them, spinning them away, slide dashing them away, body slamming them, or by using the Fruit Bazooka. If a frog attacks Crash and kills him, it will grant him a kiss, and afterwards it turns itself into a lab assistant that resembles a prince/king.
These enemies also appear in Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure in Just Hangin' and Drip, Drip, Drip. With a slightly spottier and more orange coloration, these frogs hop back and forth rather than toward the player, poisoning Crash if they manage jump on him. The frogs in this game appear to be red eyed tree frog.
In Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage, a frog from Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure is featured on a trading card.
A giant mechanical frog appears as a background decoration in Crash Tag Team Racing on the Once Upon a Tire track. It wears a crown on its head, referencing the Frog Prince.
The frog makes a cameo appearance in Crash: Mind Over Mutant, where it is seen hopping around in the area with Crash and Coco's house and the Doominator ruins. It hops along the lake and can't be interacted with in any way, disappearing into the water when approached.
A frog would have appeared in the cancelled game, Crash Landed, acting as part of the Frogzooka weapon by shooting its tongue to grab and pull objects.
Frogs reappear in the N. Sane Trilogy remaster of the third game where they reprise the same role they had in the original version of the third game.
Additionally a frog appears in the opening cutscene when Aku Aku, Crash and Coco arrive at the Time Twister activating the time portal for Toad Village and being sucked into it.
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (As a Card)
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Names in other languages
|From "kero", a Japanese onomatopeia, which means "ribbit"|
- The frog kissing Crash and turning into a prince mirrors the Princess and Frog fairy tale, where a princess kisses a frog, who turns out to be a handsome prince after she kisses him.
- In the second medieval level of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Gee Wiz, there is a frog who will bounce around in a puddle next to a nitro crate. If Crash watches it hop around, it will eventually blow itself up by hopping right into the nitro crate.
- As described on Naughty Dog's now-defunct Crash Bandicoot website, the frogs in the original Warped are actually Lab Assistants in disguise.
- In the N. Sane Trilogy, prince Lab Assistants can be seen in the Neo-Cor System, being teleported to the medieval times. Based on this, the princes are sent to the past first, before they're turned into frogs.
- Due to a glitch, it's possible to turn the frogs "invisible" in the original version of Crash 3. If Crash belly flops close enough to a Nitro crate just as a frog is touching him, the explosion will appear to kill the frog, as its model disappears. However, Crash will still animate and die as if the frog kissed him, so this doesn't prevent a death.
- Crash and Coco react differently when dying to these enemies. After the frog kisses Crash, he freezes with a stunned, traumatized look. Coco will cover her mouth in disgust and shake her head in denial when she's kissed by a frog.
- The frogs bear a subtle skull-shaped marking on their backs in the N. Sane Trilogy version of Crash 3, which is a detail that was also added to the skunk enemies in Crash 1's remade jungle levels.
- As with most Crash games, the original Crash 3 will display short automated gameplay demos when left on the title screen. The first demo features the first frog in Toad Village, who quickly catches and kisses Crash as he fails to attack it, ending the demo.
- By using a forceful kiss as an attack, the frogs are the series' only enemies so far who can actually defeat Crash with a gesture of love and affection.
- Despite Tawna being Crash's girlfriend in the first game, Crash being seemingly popular among the Trophy Girls in Crash Team Racing, and Pasadena O'Possum being Crash's flirtatious admirer in Crash Tag Team Racing, the frog enemy so far remains the only character who can visibly be seen kissing Crash in the series.
- The official Crash Bandicoot Twitter account posted an animated GIF of a frog smooching Crash to celebrate Valentine's Day in 2018, with the message: "How about a kiss? Happy Valentine's Day!"
|Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot|
|Bosses||Dingodile | Doctor N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Uka Uka | Mega-Mix|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems|
First Chamber: Jungle Jam | Shipwrecked | Temple of Boom | Frostbite Cavern | Just in Slime
|Enemies||Electric Eel | Frog | Jellyfish | Lab Assistant | Moray Eel | Penguin | Polar Bear | Pufferfish | Rat | Scrubbing Bubbletron | Seal | Shark | Sparky Tentaclebot Unit | Spike Lizard | Squid | Steam-Powered Hover-Spike-O-Tron | Venus Fly Trap | Yeti|
|Crash Mind Over Mutant|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot | Crunch Bandicoot|
|Antagonists||Dr. N. Cortex | Dr. N. Brio | Dr. N. Gin | Nina Cortex | Uka Uka|
|Titans||Spike | Ratcicle | Magmadon | TK | Sludge | Rhinoroller | Scorporilla | Grimly | Battler | Stench | Yuktopus | Snipe | Titan Heroes|
|Items||TNT Crate | Basic Crate | Wumpa Fruit | Mojo | NV|
|Levels|| Console: Wumpa Island | Ratcicle Kingdom | Wasteland | Junkyard | Mount Grimly | Space Head|
DS: Crystal Mountains | Deserted Wasteland | N. Jin Labs
|Enemies||Ratnician | Brat Girl | Doom Monkey | Znu | Slap-E | Spike Crate|
|Known characters||Crash Bandicoot | Cortex | Dingodile | Bandicoots | Coco Bandicoot | Unidentified character | Polar|
|Known items||Frogzooka | Lab Frogzooka Launcher | Lightgate | Orb | Boombat | Bottle Rocket-Launcher | Fertilizer Gun | Anti-Aircraft Gun | Dingodile's cannon | Lab Grow Fist | Gloves | Glow Top|
|Known Enemies||Wasp | Nite Creatures | Small Floating Robot | Thug Bot | Living Flower | Unnamed Sea Urchin-like Creatures | Stench | Scorporilla | Frog | Hog | Hyena | Squid|
|Hybrids||Bandicoot-Shark Hybrid | Alligator-Turtle Hybrid | Giraffe-Turtle Hybrid|
|Locations||Rocky Island | Black Rock Island | Swamp | Underground Caverns | Tree Island | Shipwreck Island | Cortex's Lab | Mountain Island | Flower Island | Rock Formation Islands|
|Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled|
|Racers|| Default: Crash Bandicoot | Doctor Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | Doctor N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura|
Unlockable (Bosses): Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe Potoroo | Nitros Oxide
Unlockable (Misc.): Penta Penguin | Fake Crash | Doctor Nefarious Tropy
Pit Stop Purchases: Crunch Bandicoot | Krunk | Small Norm | Big Norm | Nash | N. Trance | Real Velo | Geary | Zam | Zem
Grand Prix Limited: Tawna | Ami | Megumi | Liz | Isabella | Baby Crash | Baby Coco | Baby T | Spyro the Dragon | Hunter | Gnasty Gnorc
|Supporting characters||Aku Aku | Uka Uka | Chick | Stew | Sparx | Velo Mask|
|Kart Sets|| Default: Classic|
Unlockable: Team Bandicoot | Team Trance | Team Cortex | Team Oxide | Hovercraft
Pit Stop Purchases: Cabrio | Crikey | Deadinator | Doom Buggy | Imperium | Roadster | Six-Pipes | Trikee
Grand Prix Limited: Le Chaux | Bandibuggy | Champion | Rocket | Probulot 2000 | Nostalginator | Mammoth | Spyromobile | Gnasty Ride | Dragonfly
|Customization||Skins | Bodies and Decals | Wheels | Paint Jobs | Stickers|
N. Sanity Beach: Crash Cove | Mystery Caves | Sewer Speedway | Roo's Tubes
|Battle Arenas|| Original: Skull Rock | Nitro Court | Parking Lot | Rocky Road | Lab Basement | Rampage Ruins | The North Bowl|
From Crash Nitro Kart: Temple Turmoil | Frozen Frenzy | Desert Storm | Magnetic Mayhem | Terra Drome
|Collectibles||Trophy | Crystal | Gem | Relic | CTR Token | Key | Wumpa Coin|
|Power Ups||Missile | Bowling Bomb | Warp Orb | TNT Crate/Nitro Crate | Power Shield | N. Tropy Clock | N. Brio's Beaker | Turbo | Invisibility | Super Engine | Invincibility Mask (Aku Aku/Uka Uka/Velo Mask/Sparx)|
|Misc.||Pit Stop | Grand Prix (Nitro Tour | Back N. Time | Spyro & Friends)|