He is first seen in the first cutscene of Twinsanity Island. Cortex hugs Evil Crash tightly, thinking that he's hugging Crash. When Evil Crash is revealed, he kidnaps Nina with the intent to eat her, leading to the next level where Crash must pursue Evil Crash. After finding Evil Crash with Nina tied in ropes, Cortex demands that Evil Crash let her go. Evil Crash then chases him in anger. At the end of the game, he ate the Evil Twins when they fled into his house. He is seen in a background picture in the credits in a huge rollerbrawl with the other characters of the game.
Evil Crash appears feral compared to the original; he has sharp teeth, long claws, dark bags under his eyes and unkempt toenails ripping through the toes of his sneakers. He has a much darker, red fur color than Crash's, his arms are also much longer with his upper arms being more bulkier, and his hair is less spiky than Crash's. He wears dark grey All-Stars like Crash, though his jeans are more of a faded purple rather than blue.
While Crash uses easy simple attacks, Evil Crash has erratic and dysfunctional ways of attacking. He's impulsive and aggressive, and is shown to be somewhat immune to objects that would cause harm to Crash, such as Nitros, TNTs, and even enemies. He is much stronger than Crash. Evil Crash is also a carnivore and lives on a steady diet of meat. This might explain why he captured Nina and chased Cortex. Evil Crash hardly looks like his good counterpart, but slightly shares his personality.
See: Evil Crash/Gallery
- In Twinsanity, he was originally going to eat N. Trance's brain, but it was scrapped with N. Trance all together since this scene was seen as "too graphic".
- Evil Crash was originally going to be a playable character when Crash and Cortex's personalities switched when teleporting to the Tenth Dimension.
- According to concept art, the original reason Evil Crash kidnapped Nina was to have a tea party with her.
- He was going to be a playable character in Crash Clash Racing before it was changed to Crash Tag Team Racing and had him changed into the Nega Crash skin instead.
- Evil Crash cameos in Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled as a sticker, which is also used as a shadow projection in the "Nina's Nightmare" racetrack.