El Pogo Loco (じらいだ ホッピン lit. Mine Hopping in Japanese) is the twelfth level in Crash Bash, the third stage in the third warp room and the third Pogo Pandemonium arena. The biggest difference between this level and Pogo Painter is that Ripper Roo comes onto the field and lays out TNT tiles, shoots missiles, and turns squares into arrow squares, as he will move around in a circle. If the players enclose an area with their squares, the inside will fill up with their color, but unlike in Pogo-a-Gogo, they must land on a purple ! crate to turn squares into points.
The following are the colors of the squares associated to the four players:
- Player 1: Yellow
- Player 2: Red
- Player 3: Blue
- Player 4: Green
- Missiles - Players can collect missiles from the arena and shoot them at others. Whoever is hit by a missile will stop for a few seconds and will lose speedy boots or missiles if that character is carrying either one of those.
- Speedy Boots - Temporarily causes the players to move faster than normal. Lasts for eight seconds.
- 4-directional Arrow - If a player steps on an arrow square, then all of the squares in all four directions from the square will turn to that player's color.
- Purple ! - It is important for the player to land on these crates to turn squares into points.
- Trophy: Win 3 times.
- Gems: Reduce the numbers of points to zero in the allotted time. Player 1 starts at 120 points while the opponents starts at 80 points (for 2p story, Team 1 starts at 270 points and Team 2 starts at 180).
- Crystal: Win without being hit by Ripper Roo's nitro tiles.
- Gold Relic: Win 2 times against the champions of the arena.
- Platinum Relic: Win 3 times against the champions of the arena.
- The background for this level is based on the motorcycle levels from Crash Bandicoot: Warped.
- There is a popular restaurant chain in the southwest of the United States named "El Pollo Loco".
- This is the only level in the game where Ripper Roo makes an appearance.