Drain Bash is the nineteenth level in Crash Bash, the fourth stage of the fourth warp room and the fourth Crate Crush arena. Instead of blocks, locked crates appear here. It is set in a setting similar to that of other sewer-themed levels of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. It is the only Crate Crush minigame that does not contain nitro crates.
For some players, it is easier to win the crystal challenge without opening any of the special crates.
- Locked Crate - The basic crates that are thrown or kicked to attack players. These act exactly like blocks from other Crate Crush arenas.
- TNT Crate - These crates have a larger blast radius than locked crates and cause more health damage. Also, they explode automatically after three seconds when being picked up, kicked, or jumped on.
- Purple ? Crate - These crates either contain wumpa fruit or one of the three weapons described below: sonic ring, 8-way missile, or homing energy orb. When they show up in the arena, four of them appear at once. Three of these always contain a single wumpa fruit while the others, a weapon. When the crate containing the weapon is opened, the others disappear.
- Sonic Ring: This forms a harmful sonic ring around the player for a second which can move crates around. Players can utilise this weapon once.
- 8-Way Missile: Sends a missile in 8 directions. Players can utilise this weapon twice.
- Homing Energy Orb: Home in on other players and injure them. Players can utilise this weapon three times
- Wumpa Fruit - Players can collect wumpa fruit to increase their health bar. They do nothing if the health bar is already full.
- Trophy: Win 3 times
- Gem: Win 1 round in 30 seconds (25 for 2p story).
- Crystal: The player must be careful with how they open the special crates. The player must throw them to open them.
- Gold Relic: Win 2 times against the champions of the arena.
- Platinum Relic: Win 3 times against the champions.
Names in Other Languages
Hatenana hako surō
- A purple ? crate can also be thrown instead of kicked, leaving the contents up for grabs. However, if an item from a thrown ? crate, either a wumpa fruit or a weapon, is left untouched for five seconds, it disappears from the arena. Also, when thrown at others, they do less damage than the locked crates.