Desert Fox (せんしゃで タンク lit. Fighting vehicle tank in Japanese) is the ninth level in Crash Bash, the fifth stage in the second warp room and the first Tank Wars arena. The objective is to destroy the opponent's tanks without being destroyed as well. Should the 90 second time limit expire and more than one player remains, then the one with the most health wins. There are four different types of tank, each with their own strengths.
- Crash and Coco use fruit cannons. These rounds are the most balanced of the four.
- Cortex's and N. Brio's tanks shoot blasts of green energy. These rounds move much faster than any other, but do less damage
- Tiny and Koala Kong fire large spiky cannonballs. These rounds move slower than any other, but do much more damage.
- Rilla Roo and Dingodile use small fireballs. These rounds do less damage than any other, but can fire an extra round.
Whenever a tank fires a shot, it cannot fire again until the shot either hits a target or expires after five seconds. The exception is that Rilla Roo and Dingodile can fire two shots at once.
The name of this level is a reference to the senior German Army officer Erwin Rommel, known as the Desert Fox in World War II.
- Mines - Can be dropped by players and detonate after a few seconds, causing massive damage to any tanks nearby. Each player initially has drop three mines but extras can be collected from the arena.
- Wumpa Fruit - Players can collect wumpa fruit to increase their health bar. They do nothing if the health bar is already full.
- Trophy: Win 3 times.
- Gem: Defeat all opponents in 40 seconds (30 for 2P story). Note that the players must be defeated and that the gem cannot be won via time-out.
- Crystal: In the center the submarine fires bombs at the player.
- Gold Relic: Win 2 times against the champions of the arena.
- Platinum Relic: Win 3 times against the champions.