This level is just for Crash and as such, Coco Bandicoot is unable to access this level in the N. Sane Trilogy remake.
It is an underwater-themed level similar to Under Pressure from the first warp room chamber, but due to the added TNT crates and Nitro crates and increased hazards, it's much harder. There are also mines, sharks, pufferfish and whirlpool-making machines.
To obtain the red gem as well as the clear gem available in this level, Crash must activate the ! crate at the end of the level and go back to the split path. A TNT crate that wasn't there from the start should appear from an outline crate, allowing Crash to activate its timer, and opening a passage after it blows up. Then he will enter the special route of the level that relinquishes the red gem, the nitro switch crate, and some other crates. The submergible is used again in this level.
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- The whirlpool machines' whirls are dangerous. Advance with good timing.
Names in other languages
Kaitei no uzūzu mashīn
|Whirlpool Machines Undersea|
- Despite the fact that there is a special path in this level, no music is used for it. However, the music for this section still exists within the game files, along with unused Death Route themes for the Medieval, China, Motorcycle, Jet Ski and Biplane levels.
- During development, this level contained the Blue Gem.
- There's a minor glitch with the crate tower in the secret area. The two basic crates above the TNT crate on top of the left pile are not opened by the explosion, they are blasted into the rock formation above before landing onto the sea floor.
- According to an unofficial guide, this level used to have 88 crates, instead of 83.
- This is the only level in this game to have two box counters, However, since it is possible to backtrack to the first box counter in this level, Deep Trouble is the only level in the series where the box gem can be retrieved from two different locations.
- It's possible to obtain three gems in N. Sane Trilogy if done carefully. Activate the ! crate near the normal end. Go through the secret route. Collect the red gem and the clear gem before backtracking back to the regular box gem.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense