Crash Nitro Kart is a mobile phone game released on September 2004. It was developed by IPlay.
The game has two modes: Single Race and Tournament. Tournament makes you drive through all 4 tracks of an environment in succession, accumulating points based on your position. If you rank above the other characters, you win. Only by winning tournaments can you unlock new environments, each based off of certain courses in the Game Boy Advance version of Crash Nitro Kart: City (based off of Electron Avenue), Beach (based off of Inferno Island) and Castle (based off of Clockwork Wumpa).
There are 4 playable characters, each with their own qualities. Crash has excellent steering and good acceleration but is very slow. Cortex has excellent speed, medium acceleration, and bad steering. Crunch has good speed and acceleration, but bad steering. Coco is the slowest of the bunch, but she has great steering and good acceleration.
Each track is very simple with small allusions to the console versions: there are turbo pads, holes and weapon crates. The theme song is that of Crash Bandicoot: Warped.
- Acceleration - Press 2.
- Steer - Press 4 to steer left and 6 to steer right.
- Brake - Press 8.
- Use Weapon - Press 5.
- Pause - Press #
- Aku Aku - Makes you invincible for a while and lets you ram into other characters.
- Clocks - It turns your opponents into tiny, slow and weak versions of themselves.
- Homing Missile - Homes in on the closest opponent.
- Turbo - It gives you a speed boost.