Formerly as Iron Island, is an island with double rocky mountains that had only beaches, a old rope bridge connected the two mountains, ruins, lava cave and a an ancient temple shaped like an animal's face where Uka Uka was imprisoned. But with the Cortex Commandos inauguration, this island was altered containing machineries, a power plant in the plateau, a castle above in Uka Uka's temple prison and sewers.
Prior to Crash Bandicoot
Eons ago, this island was inhabited by primates where it shows the stages Road to Ruin and Ruination. Also this island became the Uka Uka's prison where his twin brother Aku Aku holds him in a temple built on a high mountain.
Eons later, this island served as a shelter for Cortex and N. Brio to hide from various forces where the pair is wanted. The construction of Cortex's two facilities changed the island's environment where it was completely polluted by toxic waste refinery and patrolled by robots & mutants.
One year later in second game, this island served as housing for N. Brio and all flora begins to produce after the disarming of the harmful facilities in the first game. The levels of the third and fourth Warp Rooms take place on this Island.
The island returns and serves its original purpose in the N. Sane Trilogy.
In Crash Nitro Kart A part of the castle was left on Velo's planet in Crash Nitro Kart (though this is non-canon). Canonically, since the fire, the island is still supposedly abandoned, along with its two facilities, the Cortex Power Factory, run by Pinstripe Potoroo, and the Cortex Castle.
- Dr. Nitrus Brio (boss)
- Dr. Neo Cortex (boss) (background)
- Don Pinstripelli Potorotti (boss)
- Lights Out
- Fumbling in the Dark (secret level)
- Slippery Climb (exterior)
- Stormy Ascent (cut level)
- The Lab
- The High Road
- Cortex Power
- Toxic Waste
- Generator Room
- Heavy Machinery
- Castle Machinery
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Plant Food
- Sewer or Later
- Bear Down
- Road to Ruin
- Hangin' Out
- Diggin' It
- Cold Hard Crash
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Crash Twinsanity (concept art only)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Note: These files aren't compatible with Internet Explorer.
|The machinery music was considered the Cortex Island theme from the fact that this scenery appears in Cortex Power and Cortex Castle.||Josh Mancell||Crash Bandicoot|
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
- There were plans for Cortex Island to be played on in Crash Twinsanity and most likely the power factory and castle as well, but it was scrapped during development, being limited to purple gem concept art.
- It is unknown what kind of state Cortex Island is in Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind Over Mutant.