Cortex uses it again with a similar attack in his battle at the end of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, this time only shooting red energy bolts.
In Crash Bash, Cortex uses his trusty blaster as his "kick" move but can also use it to pick up crates, and throw it a great distance in the Crate Crush minigames. His ally N. Brio uses a similar blue ray gun.
After Crash Bash, the ray gun isn't seen again until Crash Twinsanity, and is seen the most in this game. We find out that the gun runs on ammo and it plays a crucial part in Cortex's levels as the doctor has no other form of defence if his ammo runs out, leaving him scared and running around screaming until he gets more. Ammo is stored in Ammo Crates found all over the map. During boss fights, Cortex's ammo is infinite. It once again has a green energy bolt which Cortex can hold in for a powerful shot (it takes five ammo).
Cortex's ray gun appears again in the GBA version of Crash of the Titans.
In Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, Cortex's ray gun has the ability to transmogrify certain objects. When fired at a moving obstacle (such as an enemy bird), it can turn the target into a stone platform, a gelatin platform that Cortex can bounce on, or back into the original creature.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Crash Bash
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash of the Titans
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- In Crash Twinsanity, it is revealed that the ray gun has different modes: Stun, Love, Flame (or burn) and Disintegrate.
- In Crash Twinsanity, a charged plasma shot from the ray gun would have been used against Teddy Bears armed with lollipops in the cut level, Gone a Bit Coco. Because of that reason, the charged shot in the final game is virtually useless.
- In Crash Bash, Cortex's "kick" with his gun is surprisingly weak but his throwing range with it is excellent.
- The pink shots fired out in Cortex's boss fight in Crash Bandicoot might have been the love setting seen on the gun in Twinsanity.
- In Crash Tag Team Racing, Dr. Cortex may say "Now you do a good job as my partner or I've got a ray gun with your name on it!" when clashing with other vehicles, and he may say "When I get my ray gun, you're through!" when hit by Crash.
|Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot|
|Bosses||Dingodile | Doctor N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Uka Uka | Mega-Mix|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems|
First Chamber: Jungle Jam | Shipwrecked | Temple of Boom | Frostbite Cavern | Just in Slime
|Enemies||Electric Eel | Frog | Jellyfish | Lab Assistant | Moray Eel | Penguin | Polar Bear | Pufferfish | Rat | Scrubber | Seal | Shark | Sparky Tentaclebot Unit | Spike Lizard | Squid | Sewer Mech | Venus Fly Trap | Yeti|