Cortex's Hoverboard, also known as his Hoverscooter, is a hoverboard seldom used and owned by Cortex. Cortex uses this hoverboard when battling Crash, when he uses his laser gun to attack. So far, it has been destroyed in every one of its appearances.
Cortex uses his hoverboard when battling Crash in his final boss fight, where he rides it out of the castle to confront Crash on the blimp. The hoverboard is destroyed at the end of the boss fight, blasting Cortex off down to the island.
The hoverboard can be briefly seen when Cortex is falling in the intro, where it explodes behind him.
Cortex uses his hoverboard when fighting Crash in the last boss, where it appears to have two copies.
The hoverboard reappears with a new model, where Cortex uses it in his boss fight, where it has three copies. When a missile from Mecha-Bandicoot accidentally hits the hoverboard, it goes out of control and flies into a mine with Crash and Cortex, where it is last seen jammed into the ground. There is also a glitch where Crash can ride the hoverboard.
The hoverboard reappears in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy remasters of the first three games where it reprises the same role it had in the original versions of those games.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- In Crash Bandicoot, when Cortex is defeated, his hoverboard explodes and he falls. But in the intro of Cortex Strikes Back, he is seen falling with it before it explodes.
- His hoverboard in an accessory in Series 1 of the Crash Bandicoot Action Figures, although it's painted blue instead of red.
- When Crash knocks Cortex off of the board in Warped, the player can have Crash jump and stand on it.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense