Checkpoint Crates are a type of crate that appear in several Crash Bandicoot games. They are very essential and act as a save point for the player. This crate has appeared as iron in some special paths that are not required for the box gem. When broken, yellow letters will appear saying Check Point and from Crash Bandicoot: Warped, they emit a chime. In Crash of the Titans on the GBA and DS they appear with a check instead of "C". In Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, they can also be hidden as ? crates and will only turn into a checkpoint after 12 deaths near them.
Triggered by proximity, these crates record Crash's position. If you lose a life, you will restart at the last checkpoint that you've activated.Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (As a Card)
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash of the Titans (DS and GBA versions only)
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant (DS version only)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- In Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Checkpoint crates cannot be broken with the Fruit Bazooka, unlike other crates, however they can in The Wrath of Cortex.
- In all of the Crash games prior to Crash Twinsanity, checkpoint crates had the mechanics of any other box; they had to be broken to be activated. However, in Crash Twinsanity, the checkpoint crates are activated when Crash is within their range. This is the only game where the player can see the top side of the crate lying on top of the broken crate after breaking it and the only game where a checkpoint crate can close back up to its original, unopened position.
- In the PlayStation 1 and Game Boy Advance games, checkpoint crates have a "C" on both the top and all four sides. This is contrary to every other type of crate in the series, which only shows the type of crate on the four sides. This is not the case with iron checkpoint crates & checkpoint crates from Rock It & Pack Attack, however, as they only have "C" on the four sides. In Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, checkpoint crates only have a "C" on the four sides.
- In the GBA version of Crash of the Titans, checkpoint crates can also give the player rewards when broken.
- In Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, the text that reads "CHECK POINT" is colored orange, whereas in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped it's yellow.
- The checkpoint sound from Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is used when the player completes a lap in Crash Team Racing.
- The Checkpoint sound from Crash Bandicoot: Warped is recycled and used in the the same title in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy it is also the only original checkpoint sound in the game
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Beenox | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Coco | Copter | Cortex | Crash | Detonator | Freeze | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nina | Nitro | Nitro Switch | Outline | Pants | Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot|
|Bosses||Dingodile | Doctor N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | Doctor Neo Cortex | Uka Uka | Mega-Mix|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems|
First Chamber: Jungle Jam | Shipwrecked | Temple of Boom | Frostbite Cavern | Just in Slime
|Enemies||Electric Eel | Frog | Jellyfish | Lab Assistant | Moray Eel | Penguin | Polar Bear | Pufferfish | Rat | Scrubber | Seal | Shark | Sparky Tentaclebot Unit | Spike Lizard | Squid | Sewer Mech | Venus Fly Trap | Yeti|
|Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku|
|Antagonists||Doctor Nefarious Tropy | N. Trance | Uka Uka | Crunch Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Coco Bandicoot (Under Hypnosis) | Fake Crash (Under Hypnosis)|
|Items||Crates | Wumpa Fruit | Crystals | Gems | Gem Shards | Super Slide | Rocket Jump | Death Tornado Spin | Crash Dash|
|Levels|| First Chamber: Island Intro | Prints of Persia | Lagoony Tunes | Globe Trottin' | Pharaoh's Funhouse | Runaway Rug|
Second Chamber: Tiki Torture | Hoppin' Coffins | Barrel Roll | Flockful of Seagulls | Magma Mania
|Enemies||Arsonist | Scarab |Crocodile | Lab Assistant | Monkey | Scorpion | Seagull | Shark | Snake|
|Crash: Mind Over Mutant|
|Protagonists||Crash Bandicoot | Aku Aku | Coco Bandicoot | Crunch Bandicoot|
|Antagonists||Dr. N. Cortex | Dr. N. Brio | Dr. N. Gin | Nina Cortex | Uka Uka|
|Titans||Spike | Ratcicle | Magmadon | TK | Sludge | RhinoRoller | Scorporilla | Grimly | Battler | Stench | Yuktopus | Snipe | Titan Heroes|
|Items||TNT Crate | Basic Crate | Wumpa Fruit | Mojo | NV|
|Levels|| Console: Wumpa Island | Ratcicle Kingdom | Ice Prison | Wasteland | Evil Public School | Junkyard | Mount Grimly | Space Head|
DS: Crystal Mountains | Deserted Wasteland | N. Jin Labs
|Enemies||Ratnician | Brat Girl | Doom Monkey | Znu | Slap-E | Spike Crate|