Checkpoint Crates are a type of crate that appear in several Crash Bandicoot games, acting as a save point for the player. When the player loses a life, they will respawn at the last checkpoint crate they broke. When broken, yellow letters will appear saying Check Point and from Crash Bandicoot: Warped onward, they emit a chime. In Crash of the Titans on the GBA and DS they appear with a check instead of "C". In Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped, they can also be hidden as ? crates and will only turn into a checkpoint after 12 deaths near them. In Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, checkpoint crates also release ten Wumpa Fruit when broken.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (as a card)
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash of the Titans (DS and GBA versions only)
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant (DS version only)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!
- In Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Checkpoint crates cannot be broken with the Fruit Bazooka, unlike other crates; however, they can in The Wrath of Cortex.
- In all of the Crash games prior to Crash Twinsanity, checkpoint crates had the mechanics of any other box; they had to be broken to be activated. However, in Crash Twinsanity, the checkpoint crates are activated when Crash is within their range. This is the only game where the player can see the top side of the crate lying on top of the broken crate after breaking it and the only game where a checkpoint crate can close back up to its original, unopened position.
- In the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance games, checkpoint crates have a "C" on both the top and all four sides. This is contrary to every other type of crate in the series, which only shows the type of crate on the four sides. This is not the case with iron checkpoint crates & checkpoint crates from Rock It and Pack Attack.
- In the GBA version of Crash of the Titans, checkpoint crates can also give the player rewards when broken.
- In Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, the text that reads "CHECK POINT" is colored orange, whereas in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped it's yellow.
- The checkpoint sound from Crash Bandicoot: Warped is used when the player completes a lap in Crash Team Racing.
- The original Checkpoint sound from Crash Bandicoot: Warped is recycled and used in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time.
|! | ? | Activation | Aku Aku | Ammo | Arrow | Basic | Beenox | Big TNT | Block | Bounce | Checkpoint | Coco | Coin | Copter | Cortex | Crash | Detonator | Flamethrower | Freeze | Infinity | Invisibility | Iron Arrow | Iron Checkpoint | Iron | Locked | Magic Carpet | Nina | Nitro | Nitro Bounce | Nitro Switch | Outline | Pants | Slot | Spike | Time | TNT | World | X|
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense