Don't panic, run, jump and avoid obstacles, and run away to Sunset Vista
- Level description
Boulder Dash (また おおいわだ！ lit. It's Big Rock Again! in Japanese) is the fifteenth (fourteenth in beta) level (including boss fights) and is the sixth (third in Beta) level of the second island in Crash Bandicoot and the N. Sane Trilogy remaster of the first game, and the second of two levels in which Crash is chased by a boulder (very similar to the iconic scene in Indiana Jones: The Raiders of the Lost Ark). This time, however, there are more obstacles and more jumps making it harder for Crash to escape the boulder. The purple gem is required to fully clear this level, and the Tawna Bonus Round in the previous level, Road to Nowhere, saves at this level.
This corresponds to a save file at this level (36%, 0 keys, 4 gems).
- The name of this level is a pun on the phrase "balderdash."
- If Crash falls into a spiked pit in the secret path, the fall down whistling sound plays rather than the stabbing sound.
- Two man-eating plants appear on the secret gem path and these fly traps have red heads with white spots but look cyan due to the lighting.
- In the prototype of Crash Bandicoot, there is no purple gem, meaning that the path that requires the purple gem is not here.
- The speed of the boulder varies on each platform; The NTSC-J boulders move a little slower than Crash, the NTSC-U boulders move a little faster than Crash & the PAL boulders move at the same speed as Crash, resulting in the boulders crashing into the tunnels differently on the different versions.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content|| Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense