Blobs are small living slime creatures, typically created by Nitrus Brio.
Blobs reprise their original role from Crash Bandicoot in the N. Sane Trilogy remake. Rather than being round featureless balls of slime, they now have distinct mouths and glowing red eyes. The yellow variant no longer exists, with the regular green variant being used instead.
Blobs are used once more in N. Brio's boss fight, with the same role they had in Crash Bandicoot. When created, they chase the player character around and lunge at them when they get close. Spinning them or jumping on their heads hurts Brio.
A different type of blob appears in Nitro Processing. These are round and covered in appendages with which they move around. Some travel in a set path, some move in circles and some are completely stationary. They cannot be defeated with any attack; touching one kills both the blob and the player character. A blob that reaches the end of its path (if it has one) will explode.
Blobs appear in The Lab in On the Run!. There is a small variant which takes up one lane and crawls towards the player, and a larger variant which takes up two lanes and sits still. They are immune to normal attacks, however they can be bounced on to reach higher areas or killed by throwing a Boom Berry at them. Lab Assistants summon small blobs during their mini boss fights, which can pick up and carry TNT crates on their heads by running into them.
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!
- As is revealed in the Aku Aku hint (which exists in the Japanese version) in the level Castle Machinery, bouncing on the green blobs hurts N. Brio because the green blobs are N. Brio's evil souls.
- In the N. Sane Trilogy and It's About Time, a different reason is revealed as to why they hurt him; when jumped on, the blobs spray a green juice into N. Brio's face.
|Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|DLC Content||Crash Bandicoot: Stormy Ascent|
Crash Bandicoot: Warped: Future Tense