Baby T is an infant Tyrannosaurus rex that appeared in Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Crash would mount him to traverse the prehistoric-themed levels Dino Might! and Eggipus Rex. Like all dinosaurs, he is hatched from an egg. For a long time, it had been unknown by fans what Crash and Coco have named him, as his name was never mentioned in Warped or its manual, until Naughty Dog confirmed it was "Baby T".
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Baby T is introduced in the level Dino Might!, newly hatched and munching on some grass. Crash used him to ride around in the murky swamps of the jurassic period. Baby T also appears in the secret level Eggipus Rex where Crash uses him to jump up cliffs while avoiding Pterodactyls. Baby T would appear to be a significant character, as he is first seen being ridden by Crash when the game starts up and can be seen at one point prior to the end credits sequence in the Bandicoot House, implying that the Bandicoots adopted him along with Pura.
Baby T is similar to Aku Aku in that he can protect Crash from one attack. Crash loses him when he is hit by an enemy or hazard. Even if Crash has an Aku Aku mask as well, Baby T goes away on the first attack, while the Aku Aku mask remains with Crash. Baby T is similar to the submergible in this respect. In both Dino Might! and Eggipus Rex, there are certain spots where Crash can mount back onto Baby T if he was lost due to an attack.
Crash Team Racing
Baby T has appeared in the demo version of Crash Bash, in Dragon Drop (which was named "Dragon" at the time), where players would ride multiples of him. Baby T was cut from the full version of the game.
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Baby T also reappears in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy remake of the third game where he reprises the same role he had in the original version of the game.
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Baby T appeared as a playable racer for the first time in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, introduced in the second season Grand Prix "Back N. Time" along with Baby Crash and Baby Coco. He was the reward for completing the Bronze Tier. He is later purchasable in the Pit Stop for 1500 Wumpa Coins as of the Neon Circus Grand Prix update.
Driving Style: Speed
Baby T's personality hasn't been deeply explored in his appearances. He is a cheerful, childish baby T-rex, and seems to be always hungry, as he's often seen eating grass whenever left idle. (This is a little odd, as T-rexes are carnivorous dinosaurs.)
Baby T is a small, green baby T-rex. He has large, round blue eyes, a brown pattern on his back, and white claws on his hands and feet. He also has a beige underbelly and heavy eyebrow ridges.
Baby T was hatched from his egg by Crash during Warped, and happily helped Crash traverse the level by letting him ride on his back. He is seen in the bandicoot house at the end of the game, implying the bandicoots adopted him as a pet, though he was never seen again after that.
With Coco being enabled as a playable character in regular platforming levels in the N. Sane Trilogy version of Warped, Coco can also hatch Baby T from his egg and ride him through the levels as Crash did, implying the same relationship.
- In Dino Might!, it is possible to ride him to run away from the triceratops, but only through the following tip; when Crash reaches the spot where he hops off Baby T's back, keep pressing until Crash reaches dry land. The game may freeze, but for no more than 2 seconds. Keep pressing with this glitch, it is possible for Crash and Baby T to jump out of bounds on the sides of the level during the chase section, and can die by falling into a "hole" on the sides of the screen.
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Crash Team Racing (Cameo)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
see: Baby T/Gallery
- Baby T was possibly inspired by Yoshi of Nintendo's Super Mario Bros. series.
- Baby T's idle animation has him eating grass, despite being a carnivorous dinosaur.
- In the final ending of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, he can be seen in Crash's house along with Polar and Pura.
- Originally, Baby T and Pura were going to get kidnapped in Crash of The Titans instead of Coco.
- In the Japanese version of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, level 11 "Dino Might!" is called "Rush with Baby T!", and level 32 "Eggipus Rex" is called "Discovery! Baby T Expedition".
- Guitar Vader, a Japanese rock band, released a song titled "Baby-T", which has several references to this character. The song was included in the soundtrack of Jet Set Radio Future.
- Concept art by Bob Rafei show Baby T with 3 fingers instead of the usual 2 fingers typical of the tyrannosaurids, the family of coelurosaurian theropod dinosaurs which the Tyrannosaurus rex is a member of. This was corrected in concept art by Charles Zembillas and promotional art for the game.
- Baby T's voice clips on the character select screen in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled are actually higher pitched voice clips from Crunch Bandicoot. Despite that, Baby T has original voice lines during actual gameplay. In the Spyro N. Friends Grand Prix update, that was patched. Baby T now has his own voice lines when selected.
|Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled|
|Racers|| Default: Crash Bandicoot | Dr. Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | Dr. N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura | Crunch Bandicoot | Geary|
Unlockable (Bosses): Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe | Nitros Oxide
Unlockable (Misc.): Penta Penguin | Fake Crash | Dr. N. Tropy | King Chicken | Iron Checkpoint Crate
Pit Stop Purchases: Krunk | Small Norm | Big Norm | Nash | N. Trance | Real Velo | Zam | Zem
Bonus: Tawna | Ami | Megumi | Liz | Isabella | Baby Crash | Baby Coco | Baby T | Spyro | Hunter | Gnasty Gnorc | Komodo Moe | Dr. N. Brio | Nina Cortex | Koala Kong | Pasadena O'Possum | Ebenezer Von Clutch | Rilla Roo | Yaya Panda | Hasty | Chick | Stew | Megamix | Emperor Velo XXVII | Lab Assistant | Baby Cortex | Baby N. Tropy | Fixed Rilla Roo
|Supporting characters||Aku Aku | Uka Uka | Sparx | Velo Mask | Apo-Apo|
|Customization||Skins | Bodies and Decals | Wheels | Paint Jobs | Stickers|
N. Sanity Beach: Crash Cove | Mystery Caves | Sewer Speedway | Roo's Tubes
|Battle Arenas|| Original: Skull Rock | Nitro Court | Parking Lot | Rocky Road | Lab Basement | Rampage Ruins | The North Bowl|
From Crash Nitro Kart: Temple Turmoil | Frozen Frenzy | Desert Storm | Magnetic Mayhem | Terra Drome
|Collectibles||Trophy | Crystal | Gem | Relic | CTR Token | Key | Wumpa Coin|
|Power Ups||Missile | Bowling Bomb | Warp Orb | TNT Crate/Nitro Crate | Power Shield | N. Tropy Clock | N. Brio's Beaker | Turbo | Invisibility | Super Engine | Invincibility Mask (Aku Aku/Uka Uka/Velo Mask/Sparx/Apo-Apo)|
|Misc.||Pit Stop | Grand Prix (Nitro Tour | Back N. Time | Spyro N. Friends | Spooky | Neon Circus | Winter Festival | Rustland | Gasmoxia | Post Grand-Prix)|
|Crash Bandicoot Racing Series Playable Characters|
|Crash Team Racing||Crash Bandicoot | Dr. Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura | Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe | Fake Crash | Dr. N. Tropy | Penta Penguin|
|Crash Nitro Kart||Crash Bandicoot | Coco Bandicoot | Crunch Bandicoot | Fake Crash | Dr. Neo Cortex | N. Gin | Tiny Tiger | N. Tropy | Nitrous Oxide | Zem (Consoles only) | Zam (Consoles only) | Real Velo (Consoles only) | N. Trance | Polar | Dingodile | Pura (Consoles only) | Krunk (GBA only) | Nash (GBA only) | Norm (GBA only) | Big Norm (GBA only) | Geary (GBA only) | Emperor Velo XXVII (GBA only) | Spyro (GBA only)|
|Crash Tag Team Racing||Crash | Neo Cortex | Pasadena | Crunch | Coco | Nina | N. Gin | Von Clutch|
|Crash Racing||Crash | Cortex | Nina | Pasadena|
|Crash Nitro Kart 2||Crash | Dr. Cortex | Coco | Ripper Roo | Yaya | Nina | Tiny Tiger | Oxide|
|Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D||Crash | Cortex | Coco | Oxide | Roo | Yaya | Polar | Dingodile|
|Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2||Crash | Dr. Cortex | Coco | Nina | Pura | Tiny Tiger | Crunch | N. Gin | Yaya | Ripper Roo|
|Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled||Crash Bandicoot | Dr. Neo Cortex | Tiny Tiger | Coco Bandicoot | Dr. N. Gin | Dingodile | Polar | Pura | Penta Penguin | Ripper Roo | Papu Papu | Komodo Joe | Pinstripe | Fake Crash | Nitros Oxide | Dr. N. Tropy | Crunch Bandicoot | Krunk | Small Norm | Big Norm | Nash | N. Trance | Real Velo | Geary | Zam | Zem | Tawna | Ami | Megumi | Liz | Isabella | Baby T | Baby Crash | Baby Coco | Spyro | Hunter | Gnasty Gnorc | Komodo Moe | Dr. N. Brio | Nina Cortex | Koala Kong | Pasadena O'Possum | Ebenezer Von Clutch | King Chicken | Rilla Roo | Yaya Panda | Hasty | Chick | Stew | Megamix | Emperor Velo XXVII | Lab Assistant | Baby Cortex | Baby N. Tropy | Fixed Rilla Roo | Iron Checkpoint Crate|