Atmospheric Pressure is the fourth boss in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex and is also the last Elemental battle before Crash can fight with Dr. Neo Cortex in the space hub. After Crash has collected all of the crystals from the air hub of Coco's VR Hub System, he will be allowed to battle Crunch who is partnered with the Air Elemental, Lo-Lo. Up until this point, all of the boss battles have taken place on solid ground, but this time, Crash and Crunch take the arena up to the skies. As opposed to the other three Elemental battles and the final confrontation, there are no phases, so this is the only battle that is straightforward attacking Crunch, with the help of Crash's glider, while dodging Crunch's attacks. After Crunch's health is emptied out, Crunch's genie-like body explodes violently and Lo-Lo is once again trapped in hibernation alongside the last three Elementals before him. The duo leave nothing else behind but the Fruit Bazooka ability.
- Flying ball: The first basic attack. It is a ball that flies from the right side of the screen to the left.
- Laser: A continuous beam from Crunch's right hand. It does large amounts of rapid damage and follows Crash around the screen.
- Multiple balls: Crunch shoots a barrage of energy balls from his eyes at Crash.
- Lightning: Electricity radiates from Crunch's chest and releases lightning with a small gap in between. It then progresses down the screen.
- To hit Crunch, Crash must hit the body part that Crunch uses to attack him. Lo-Lo will indicate which attack Crunch will use.
Names in Other Languages
Kuranchi ō abare
|Spanish||Presión Atmosférica||(same as English)|
|French||Pression Atmospherique||(same as English)|
|Dutch||Atmosferische Druk||(same as English)|
|German||Atmosphärischer Druck||(same as English)|
|Italian||Pressione Atmosferica||(same as English)|
|Korean||거대 크런치 대소동
Geodae Keuleonchi Daesodong
|Giant Crunch Commotion|
- This is the only battle in the game where Crunch appears to die, since his body explodes and his skeleton is shown.
- The music during this level is a rendition of Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King.
- This battle is somewhat similar to N. Gin's battle in Crash 3. Crunch's left arm (right to the player) launches a ball, Crunch's right arm (left to the player) launches a ray of light (like the Gatling Gun in N. Gin's battle), Crunch's head launches multiple balls at the player (like N. Gin's missiles, but these orbs don't home in on the player) and Crunch's stomach launches a wide ray that falls from the top of the screen.
- This is the only boss to be fought with the glider. However, in the beta version, Crash would've used an airplane to fight Crunch instead.
- This boss has the most health in the series as it takes 100 hits to defeat Crunch.