Ant Agony (バチバチありンコじごく lit. Crackling Ants Hell in Japanese) is the last level in Crash Twinsanity, and the last to take place on Twinsanity Island inside the Evil Twins' stronghold. This is the longest level in the game.
In this level, there are Energon Spheres which must be rolled into the pit switches nearby. Rolling them into the switches will open doors, allowing Crash to proceed. Often, there are multiple balls used as obstacles and puzzles. The level also features stationary or motioned purple platforms made of light (weak platforms). Seconds after touching one, it disappears, usually above an bottomless chasm, which causes Crash to lose a life. There are also blue light bulbs which must be spun or jumped on to deactivate purple electric fences blocking Crash's path.
Sequence platforms can also be found. They appear and disappear in sequential order: red, green, blue and then yellow. This cycle of colors is continuous, and the player must hop from platform to platform in the correct order to proceed through the level. There are also switches which must be stepped on to activate platforms, which Crash can then travel across. Frequently, they are located underneath a plasma force-fields, which can be deactivated by destroying a certain amount of enemies in the vicinity.
Pitfalls surround almost the entire layout of the level.
Ants are the main enemy of this level.
These Ants have drill on their backs which enables them to drill into the ground and charge at fast paces.
These Ants breath fire and seldom appear in this level.
Fire Ant (Weaker)
There is a single Fire Ant in this level that will only take a single hit to kill.
Jet Pack Ants
These Ants utilize jet packs and laser cannons.
These Ants have the ability to pick up explosive Energon Spheres.
These Ants wield laser sword which will disintegrate Crash if touched.
These devices shooting a deadly beam will rotate or go back and forward.
Once the level is completed, an in-game cutscene plays with Crash, Cortex and Nina in the Evil Twins treasure vault:
- Cortex: Oh, my. I almost forgot! The treasure!
- Voice: OUR treasure... (Dr. Nefarious Tropy appears. He is accompanied by Dr. N. Gin and Dr.N.Brio)
- N. Gin: YES! We are RICH!!!
- Cortex: That treasure is stolen property!
- Tropy: It's a little late to develop a conscience, Doctor.
- Cortex: Personally, I don't care. But I think he might want his Gems back? (Spyro the Dragon unexpectedly appears. He toasts N. Tropy, N. Gin and N. Brio with his flame breath)
- Cortex: Hahahahaha! Hmmm...
After this, the player walks down a very long hall, which leads to the location where the final battle with the Evil Twins begins.
- According to a piece of concept art, Crash and Nina would have worked together in this level.
- For some reason, the last Fire Ant in this level can be defeated with only one hit.
- Coco would of been put in this level as a playable character or featured in a cutscene.
- Even though it is the longest level, it doesn't have the most crates.
- This is the only level in the game to not be skippable through glitches.